Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Only Goes To 0...Does This Inhibit Use?

MattMPA

Reaction score
Hey guys....noobie here. I'm getting ready to update from a "starter" drone, the Mavic Mini, to a bigger, more competent aircraft.

I've been considering the Evo II Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. Partially due to sketchy tech support, I've been looking outside DJI.

My real only concern is that I understand the gimbal doesn't go above 0. I've found when operating closer to the ground that this is helpful. (I won't get into the NFZ, etc on the Mavic.

I'd be thankful for your thoughts on work-arounds...or just to know if not being able to rotate the Evo gimbal above 0 has been a problem.

Hey guys....noobie here. I'm getting ready to update from a "starter" drone, the Mavic Mini, to a bigger, more competent aircraft.

I've been considering the Evo II Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. Partially due to sketchy tech support, I've been looking outside DJI.

My real only concern is that I understand the gimbal doesn't go above 0. I've found when operating closer to the ground that this is helpful. (I won't get into the NFZ, etc on the Mavic.

I'd be thankful for your thoughts on work-arounds...or just to know if not being able to rotate the Evo gimbal above 0 has been a problem.

In settings under gimbal you can set the gimbal to go up 30 degrees.

Thanks very much! I read more than a couple places on line that this wasn't possible.

Is it safe to assume that the camera won't get the props in the shot when it's facing up?

I've been torn between a Mavic 2 Pro and the Evo2 Pro. I'm not looking to bash DJI, but my tech support experience with both my Mini and Ronin S that I use for work has been, well, lackluster. Add the NFZ concern to the Mavic and I'm starting to lean towards the Autel.

I haven't seen an Autel in person, so I'm trying to get all my questions asked before purchasing.

EDIT...I'd also ask if the speed/stop/start is adjustable of the gimbal?

Last edited:
Thanks very much! I read more than a couple places on line that this wasn't possible.

Is it safe to assume that the camera won't get the props in the shot when it's facing up?

I've been torn between a Mavic 2 Pro and the Evo2 Pro. I'm not looking to bash DJI, but my tech support experience with both my Mini and Ronin S that I use for work has been, well, lackluster. Add the NFZ concern to the Mavic and I'm starting to lean towards the Autel.

I haven't seen an Autel in person, so I'm trying to get all my questions asked before purchasing.

I don't know about if the props will get in the shot or not. I'm flying tomorrow and if I remember, I will check that out. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain