Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

fpv questions

Spiller224

Reaction score
I just got an Evo. Love it! Looking to buy some fpv goggles. Bidding right now on a pair of fatshark teleporter v5. And bought a pair of RC logger goggles which are on their way. Any discussions I've read talk about using the VR part of the app and using goggles or boxes that plug in. These goggles I bought. With 21-40 channels should be able to pick up my signal from the Evo and link up that way correct?

Which ones did you buy now? I am confused. If you bought the box goggles (Viper XT) the diversity screen that it comes with will not work with the evo unless you have an hdmi coming from your tablet or phone. The way you can make it work is if you simply do not use the screen it comes with and instead place your phone where the screen is supposed to go. The diversity screen will however pick up all different video channels just not EVO or DJI they run on a different system. You need to be connected with a cable in order for it to work.

Last edited:
Which ones did you buy now? I am confused. If you bought the box goggles (Viper XT) the diversity screen that it comes with will not work with the evo unless you have an hdmi coming from your tablet or phone. The way you can make it work is if you simply do not use the screen it comes with and instead place your phone where the screen is supposed to go. The diversity screen will however pick up all different video channels just not EVO or DJI they run on a different system. You need to be connected with a cable in order for it to work.

I bought RC logger goggles. The are like the fatsharks or eachines. They have a channel search. On them. I figured they would locate and connect to what ever channel the Evo Runs. I was trying to avoid big box goggles

I bought RC logger goggles. The are like the fatsharks or eachines. They have a channel search. On them. I figured they would locate and connect to what ever channel the Evo Runs. I was trying to avoid big box goggles
You need an HDMI cable coming from your phone or tablet for those goggles to work from what I understand. Let us know if they pick up anything without a cable. Have a great day

I just got an Evo. Love it! Looking to buy some fpv goggles. Bidding right now on a pair of fatshark teleporter v5. And bought a pair of RC logger goggles which are on their way. Any discussions I've read talk about using the VR part of the app and using goggles or boxes that plug in. These goggles I bought. With 21-40 channels should be able to pick up my signal from the Evo and link up that way correct?
The Evo video signal is not analog like most 5.8ghz FPV equipment. Madhungarian is right you will need to use Explorer app on android or ios device in VR mode with VR goggles which gives you head tracking or a tablet that has HDMI out port to goggles that support hdmi input or a tablet in some kind of headset and no head tracking.

Reactions: Madhungarian
Thanks. I did find a fatshark receiver that is 2.4ghz. which is what the Evo transmits in. Do u think that will work.

Thanks. I did find a fatshark receiver that is 2.4ghz. which is what the Evo transmits in. Do u think that will work.
Sorry probably not, im sure the 2.4ghz they are referring to is also analog. There is 2.4/5.8 analog and 2.4/5.8 digital, completely different systems on similar frequecies. I believe the Evo works on a stripped down version of TCPIP or maybe UDP like the DJI occusync similar to wireless networks for computers or wifi which are digital but not enough to hack or see over a wifi adaptor, its preparatory and why the Evo image freezes instead of static on the screen like FPV racers you can still see a live image in the static and keep flying. Analog has very little lag, digital signals which use some kind of protocol send packets and handle high res images with some lag. The DJI occusync and Autels image transmition systems are a break through in technology compared to standard wireless network systems. Also goggles with analog recievers like fatshark wont deliver the high resolution produced by the Evo. High end fatshark goggles do have HDMI input but they dont have high res screens in them compared to using a headset that holds your phone or tablet connected to Evo controller. They have hi res screens. The headset (not just VR) but something to hold the phone in front of your eyes, this setup will give you the lowest latency and can be made with foam board or anything. The new FXT Viper headset looks promising wish they sold just the headset without the screen /diverse receivers to lower the price.
The Evo like other camera platforms isn't made to fly fast in tight places like a racer, your usually high over everything so image lag isn't really an issue. I do like to fly fast and low when possible. The Evo and mavic pro with DJI goggles are my favorites. Racers are cool but GPS guided, long range and long flight time is a welcome trade off to a 3 or 4 minute tree diving session. The racers and camera platforms will merge someday. Unless you build you own rig which is possible with stand alone occusync and a good F4 flight controller with GPS support :).. Sorry for the TMI.

Awesome. Thank u so much. All makes sense. Best detailed info I've gotten . And I understand. Like u said, they will merge one day. Thanks again. Happy flying.

Awesome. Thank u so much. All makes sense. Best detailed info I've gotten . And I understand. Like u said, they will merge one day. Thanks again. Happy flying.

Your probably just as well off using your cell phone in conjunction with a inexpensive pair of VR Goggles. Samsung VR Goggles come to mind. If you have a relatively high end cell phone, video transmission and video output should be fine. Just connect cell phone to controller, slide phone into VR goggles and your flying FPV. Ensure the FPV setting in the EVO software is engaged. I've heard that Android phones work well for FPV vs IOS.

Your probably just as well off using your cell phone in conjunction with a inexpensive pair of VR Goggles. Samsung VR Goggles come to mind. If you have a relatively high end cell phone, video transmission and video output should be fine. Just connect cell phone to controller, slide phone into VR goggles and your flying FPV. Ensure the FPV setting in the EVO software is engaged. I've heard that Android phones work well for FPV vs IOS.

I would agree with this logic... on amazon, there are a couple of VR goggles at $20 to $30 should suffice.
Let us know though what you think of the purchase regardless to which you get. I am also in the market to get a pair of VR goggles.

:)

I have been flying my Phantom with Fatshark v3s for a while now and love it. Just bought an Evo and will fly that the same way. I use an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with an HDMI cable out to the Fatsharks so I have the best of both worlds on most every flight.

Reactions: Eric Rosén
I have been flying my Phantom with Fatshark v3s for a while now and love it. Just bought an Evo and will fly that the same way. I use an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with an HDMI cable out to the Fatsharks so I have the best of both worlds on most every flight.

Maybe you can share with us on the difference between the version you own vs the setup with just a vr goggle that's 20 to 30 dollars...

Fat sharks are just very expensive and I think you could help some of us here justify.

???

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy