Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Finding the right drone, and How do you know if you are getting a V2

mswlogo

Reaction score
Been trying to get a drone for quite some time and admit I’m struggling.

First I bought a Mavic Air 2. Didn’t know about Fly More when I bought it. So I returned it to Amazon no problem.

Decided to research drones a bit more before buying another. Then I saw DJI goggles. Thought that would be cool. So I bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Goggles on EBay direct from DJI. Drone was great. Goggles were nice but not all that great. But I Also learned Mavic 3 was coming soon. So I returned it and decided to wait for Mavic 3. DJI wanted huge restocking fee and no mention of that when I bought it. I don’t even remember what happened in the end.

Any way. Finally M3 comes out. Way pricier than I expected. Controller is junk, don’t need CINE. Go Fly app not like Mavic 2. So I buy it in pieces. When all done I was up to $4600. With no case and 1 extra battery. I was content. I didn’t know I spent that much until later ;)

Then the first Mavic 3 firmware release came out. GPS Home Point acquisition time went to crap. They started using Chinese GPS system in M3 and I suspect accuracy requirements we’re not right in early firmware and they increased them. But now it takes a long time to get a home point. 5-10 minutes. Cold boot clear sky. Lots of Video freezes during flight too. For so much money I returned it.

Oh every single thing you contact DJI on, the response is the same. Send it in.

So I’m considering Autel now.

I might wait for what gets announced at CES at this point.

But I’m considering the EVO II Pro 6K.

I didn’t even know there were 2 versions.

If this new V2 version is that new, maybe we won’t hear about a successor so soon.

Thanks

Reactions: Inspirephil
I have the V2 6k. It says V2 right on the top. As I understand it, the V2 was developed with a new chipset because Autel couldn't get the chips they needed to make the drone in this current time of supply chain disruption. I think I remember that they are making their own chips for it? I think the only difference is that the connection is supposed to be possibly more stable?

Reactions: Inspirephil
I ended up ordering a Skydio 2+ Pro Kit.
I was thinking of the 6K V2 with controller but it was really hard shopping around to know what you were getting. I did learn that feature wise V1 vs V2 are the same and it was a chip shortage issue. Maybe that’s why the Mavic 3 is so messed up ;)

The Skydio 2+ feels right. I wish it had a normal controller and could fly at night. But everything else it does that no other drone does is really cool. It won’t break the bank. I really like how they took existing Skydio 2 customers into consideration with the 2+ upgrades. That’s what sold me.

Between backward compatibility, lower entry price, generous Care package and seriously good obstacle avoidance it’s less likely to become money pit hobby.

Also it’s new KeyFrame feature means way less Video editing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d