Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Connect to controller via USB Hub/Multiport Adapter???

House Forasken

Reaction score
Hi!

To better understand my question here is the prelude, I've been following this thread EVO II FPV. I didn't want to purchase another tablet (one that has an HDMI and usb port), my Galaxy Tab S6 should be more than capable of handling this except it it only has a USB C port. My plan is to use my Galaxy Tab S6 with a pair of FPV goggles which have an HDMI input all via a hub connected to my tablet.

I purchased this UGREEN USB C Hub with 4K HDMI with the hope/theory I should be able to run 2 (or more) signals at the same time. (Maybe this is where I am wrong)

I am able to connect the HDMI from my tablet to my tv via the hub. When I plug the usb from the controller into the hub, the controller beeps (like it found a signal) but the app isn't recognizing the connection.

Does any one have suggestions on how to get this to work?

For the controller the manual states the USB ports are "used for charging or connecting to a mobile device", can anyone verify if both ports can be used for this?

TIA!!!!!

Having a similar problem. I can conned with full function directly to my tablet with USB-Otg and Hdmi. But when I try to switch out the tablet and use my X10D and 17 inch touch panel. I suspect it's one of two problems. Either it's a protocol issue with the USB connection or an incorrect cable for the connection type. Or the X10D isn't recognizing the remote as the host and is trying to host it. Trying to find out the protocol of the connection so I can test that.

Having a similar problem. I can conned with full function directly to my tablet with USB-Otg and Hdmi. But when I try to switch out the tablet and use my X10D and 17 inch touch panel. I suspect it's one of two problems. Either it's a protocol issue with the USB connection or an incorrect cable for the connection type. Or the X10D isn't recognizing the remote as the host and is trying to host it. Trying to find out the protocol of the connection so I can test that.

I spoke to Autel a while ago when I was trying this, I am trying to recall my conversation. He did mention the protocols may be the reason it is not working. I know absolutely nothing about electronics and protocols. He said if I get it to work, to let them know so they can recommend it to others looking to do the same.

Connecting the remote to the hub and connecting my phone or tablet to the hub, wasn't recognized by the remote (I received a beep, but the app didn't see it "connected")

I know we can fly without using the app. So I also connected the remote to the hub and then the HDMI from the hub to my tv and tried using the "disp" button, hoping the image would be transmitted to my tv, but that didn't work either.

It seems plugging in a USB prompts the controller to look for the app (this is pure speculation as most of this is above my head lol.) What I don't understand is why when using a hub, the controller won't seem to pick up the connection to the phone or tablet.

I spoke to Autel a while ago when I was trying this, I am trying to recall my conversation. He did mention the protocols may be the reason it is not working. I know absolutely nothing about electronics and protocols. He said if I get it to work, to let them know so they can recommend it to others looking to do the same.

Connecting the remote to the hub and connecting my phone or tablet to the hub, wasn't recognized by the remote (I received a beep, but the app didn't see it "connected")

I know we can fly without using the app. So I also connected the remote to the hub and then the HDMI from the hub to my tv and tried using the "disp" button, hoping the image would be transmitted to my tv, but that didn't work either.

It seems plugging in a USB prompts the controller to look for the app (this is pure speculation as most of this is above my head lol.) What I don't understand is why when using a hub, the controller won't seem to pick up the connection to the phone or tablet.
USB connections, despite the "U" standing for universal, are very far from it. Theres USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen1, 3.1 Gen 2, then theres Thunderbolt, Displayport, you've got USB-Pd, Superspeed, Superspeed+, Power over ethernet, power over HDMI and USB-OTG. Alot of the times if you're having connectivity issues it's because the cable you're using isnt the right cable for that protocol. Also likely is that you're plugging into a port that doesn't support the protocol. After that you get into single use devices which are either host or subordinate and never change, and Dual role devices which can host or be subordinate. Most PCs are host only, a flash drive would be a subordinate only device. Cell phones are dual role. Sometimes there can be a breakdown between the devices when they negotiate the connection to establish wjp is host and who is subordinate. The pain in the *** is that nearly l all of these issues cannot be seen when they happen. It takes a bit more than a novice understanding to run them down.

I fear that my issue comes from trying to use an X10D the way that I am. Since 95% of people have never heard of one, tech support is a myth to mv

USB connections, despite the "U" standing for universal, are very far from it. Theres USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen1, 3.1 Gen 2, then theres Thunderbolt, Displayport, you've got USB-Pd, Superspeed, Superspeed+, Power over ethernet, power over HDMI and USB-OTG. Alot of the times if you're having connectivity issues it's because the cable you're using isnt the right cable for that protocol. Also likely is that you're plugging into a port that doesn't support the protocol. After that you get into single use devices which are either host or subordinate and never change, and Dual role devices which can host or be subordinate. Most PCs are host only, a flash drive would be a subordinate only device. Cell phones are dual role. Sometimes there can be a breakdown between the devices when they negotiate the connection to establish wjp is host and who is subordinate. The pain in the *** is that nearly l all of these issues cannot be seen when they happen. It takes a bit more than a novice understanding to run them down.

I fear that my issue comes from trying to use an X10D the way that I am. Since 95% of people have never heard of one, tech support is a myth to mv
well...$h!t...I had no idea. After reading that, I have very little hope in getting this to work using a hub or splitter. Maybe I should start really looking at the Nvidia tablet and yuneec goggles option.

well...$h!t...I had no idea. After reading that, I have very little hope in getting this to work using a hub or splitter. Maybe I should start really looking at the Nvidia tablet and yuneec goggles option.
There's a tablet on Amazon Called the Simbans Tango Tab. It runs about $150. It's a 10 inch tablet with a USB-A port, a mini-Hdmi, and a micro USB port. I've got one and it works great. I can even get it to cast to the 17 inch touch panel and get function through the touch interface. It should do exactly what you need. If I could get my X10D to work as good as it does id be ecstatic.

• Wow
Reactions: House Forasken
There's a tablet on Amazon Called the Simbans Tango Tab. It runs about $150. It's a 10 inch tablet with a USB-A port, a mini-Hdmi, and a micro USB port. I've got one and it works great. I can even get it to cast to the 17 inch touch panel and get function through the touch interface. It should do exactly what you need. If I could get my X10D to work as good as it does id be ecstatic.
got this in 2019 for about the same price but not getting a lot of use out of it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V1SQ966/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WOW! I've spent days googling "tablet with hdmi and usb" and this never showed up. In fact, not much really does.

It's worth a shot, especially from Amazon, given their great return policy.

Thanks!!!!

WOW! I've spent days googling "tablet with hdmi and usb" and this never showed up. In fact, not much really does.

It's worth a shot, especially from Amazon, given their great return policy.

Thanks!!!!
Mine works fine. Ive had no issues with it but I only use it for flying and nothing else so I cant say Ive worked it out very hard. Since my X10D wont link to the app anymore its all ive had besides my phone to fly on.

You can't input and output video on the same usb connection. A hub won't work, as you have found out.

Edit:
What you CAN do however, is use an app like this one: ApowerMirror - Screen Mirroring for PC/TV/Phone - Apps on Google Play
Run this on your connected phone, and send your screen running the explorer app to the tablet/tv etc, having the tablet/receiving device connected to the same wifi as your phone. This option works great with minimal lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stillers
Mine works fine. Ive had no issues with it but I only use it for flying and nothing else so I cant say Ive worked it out very hard. Since my X10D wont link to the app anymore its all ive had besides my phone to fly on.
You're using the Simbans Tango Tab? Mine arrived the other day, I got to do a test flight with it yesterday and the video feed was laggy. Are you having the same experience?

You can't input and output video on the same usb connection. A hub won't work, as you have found out.

Edit:
What you CAN do however, is use an app like this one: ApowerMirror - Screen Mirroring for PC/TV/Phone - Apps on Google Play
Run this on your connected phone, and send your screen running the explorer app to the tablet/tv etc, having the tablet/receiving device connected to the same wifi as your phone. This option works great with minimal lag.
Ahhh, thank you. I didn't know I was trying to accomplish the impossible, lol.

What I'm trying to do is mirror the image from my tablet or phone to a set of goggles for an FPV experience. Unfortunately I need an hdmi connection to do that...as far as I know.

Take a look at this thread:

You're using the Simbans Tango Tab? Mine arrived the other day, I got to do a test flight with it yesterday and the video feed was laggy. Are you having the same experience?
The first time I used it I did. But haven't since. Like I said I only use mine for flying so I've disabled every app that I can and all wireless activity as well. Haven't had an issue since

The first time I used it I did. But haven't since. Like I said I only use mine for flying so I've disabled every app that I can and all wireless activity as well. Haven't had an issue since
Thanks!
I was planning on only using it for flying as well. The only other app I had running was a screen record (I don't fly with out doing that).
The lag was so bad, I returned the tablet.

However, I was able to run hdmi from my Skyzone Cobra X goggles to a Microsoft wireless display adapter and mirror the screen from my Galaxy tab 6. The Microsoft Wireless Adapter was 1/3 the price of the Simbans Tango Tab.

It worked great and no lag!!! I now have FPV for the EVO II!

You can't input and output video on the same usb connection.

This may not be "exactly" true. I havent ever input and output video on the same usb connection. But you can send video and receive haptic input based on the display on the same usb. I do it all the time with my 17 inch touch panel when casting my tablet to it. I can get the Tablets screen and interact with it on the monitor the same as if i was touching the tablet screen.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD