Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FPV w/ EVO II Pro? Livedeck maybe?

Radioman56

Reaction score
Hi Folks! This was likely answered before so my apologies... Is it possible to hook up a pair of FPV goggles (DJI, Fatshark, etc..) directly to a Livedeck unit instead of just viewing the flight on a larger brighter tablet etc?
Also, if there is not a solution yet, has anyone strapped a DJI FPV camera to the EVO II and used it with the DJI black FPV Goggles? (Yes, Heresy I know!) Thanks! Paul

Hi Folks! This was likely answered before so my apologies... Is it possible to hook up a pair of FPV goggles (DJI, Fatshark, etc..) directly to a Livedeck unit instead of just viewing the flight on a larger brighter tablet etc?
Also, if there is not a solution yet, has anyone strapped a DJI FPV camera to the EVO II and used it with the DJI black FPV Goggles? (Yes, Heresy I know!) Thanks! Paul
IF you hook up to livedeck you will not get any telemetry just a video feed. I use the FXT viper goggles when I am not flying my whoops or 7inch, I can still use the frame and stick my phone where the diversity screen goes.

Any other FPV options for the EvoII? I am struggling to buy one as the RC does not have an HDMI plug....

You could always use a tablet with HDMI out and then connect goggles to the tablet. They are getting harder to find, but here is one that I was debating on getting, just to have the option of FPV. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YWV66BZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A17FAX6AUU4JYP&psc=1
I don't know if you would get a duplicate of the screen, or just the live video feed.
This one too: Amazon.com : Dragon Touch Notepad K10 Tablet, 10 inch Android Tablet, 2GB RAM 32GB Storage, Quad-Core Processor, 10.1 IPS HD Display, Micro HDMI, Android 9.0 Pie, 5G WiFi, Metal Body Black : Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
Reactions: atosetto
Has anyone tried the epson bt-300 glasses? I used them on my original evo, however, I've yet to try them on the new evo.

Has anyone tried the epson bt-300 glasses? I used them on my original evo, however, I've yet to try them on the new evo.
Yes, I can confirm that the Moverio or Epson bt-300 smart glasses work extremely well with the EVO II Pro and the Explorer flight app. I simply side loaded the Explorer app used the included white mounting brackets with a tablet extender to hold the android tablet device. I have used this set-up on several missions to date without a single issue, this includes full functionality of the map, and various flight modes.

Yup, same as the original load. I simply hadn't had the chance to try them with the new app version and the pro 2.

Yes, I can confirm that the Moverio or Epson bt-300 smart glasses work extremely well with the EVO II Pro and the Explorer flight app. I simply side loaded the Explorer app used the included white mounting brackets with a tablet extender to hold the android tablet device. I have used this set-up on several missions to date without a single issue, this includes full functionality of the map, and various flight modes.
have you had any issues with display freezing and displaying in black and white? Im guessing its an issue with EVO supplied cable... starts out working fine then freezes

have you had any issues with display freezing and displaying in black and white? Im guessing its an issue with EVO supplied cable... starts out working fine then freezes
I have not experienced the issues that you have described. The only issue that I have experienced using the BT300 glasses is some latency while shooting video in 6K. Good thought about the cable being a potential source of your problem. I use the data cable included with the BT 300 (FPV version).

I have not experienced the issues that you have described. The only issue that I have experienced using the BT300 glasses is some latency while shooting video in 6K. Good thought about the cable being a potential source of your problem. I use the data cable included with the BT 300 (FPV version).
thanks for fast response.... made me think i might have been running in 6K... do you plug into the usb connector on the controller or the micro?

View attachment 10606

I use the micro connection only because, I use the glasses for other DJI products that only use micro connections to the remote. I have not tried the usb connection on the EVO remote, it would be interesting to compare the difference, if any.
thanks again, problem is no more after switching cables... love flying it with these glasses

Thanks for the follow-up. Are you using the usb or micro connection? Epson does a good job marketing as a DJI product, but the reality is the glasses work very well with the Autel EVO series.
micro - usb ( bt-300 ) to usb - micro adapter (controller)

I have the Live Deck and the DJI Race Edition FPV Goggles... All I can say is...WOW...!!!
If you want full immersive FPV, get the DJIs and Live Deck.
One small drawback is you have to attach the Live Deck via HDMI cord to the goggles. Which I made a 3d printed platform to attach to the top of goggles.

Attachments

• FPV Goggles.jpeg
    FPV Goggles.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 22
I have the Live Deck and the DJI Race Edition FPV Goggles... All I can say is...WOW...!!!
If you want full immersive FPV, get the DJIs and Live Deck.
One small drawback is you have to attach the Live Deck via HDMI cord to the goggles. Which I made a 3d printed platform to attach to the top of goggles.
My question is do you get any telemetry in your goggles this way? If not, there is a much cheaper solution to mirror your phone to your goggles, with a wifi casting device. Ken Heron did it with this DJI Mini but I do not see why you could not do this with the Evo1 or 2.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy