Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Found Drone

Autel absolutely has full identifiable information on the owner of this, if it were registered, which it likely was. It sounds like you haven't contacted them yet. Facebook and Craigslist ads rarely get recognized. Being this is the extent you've gone and not even considered reaching out to Autel, especially since this aircraft is regulated by the FAA and requires registration and therefore an FAA Airmen Cert as it falls between .55 - 55 lb range, you have done minimal work to "try" and return this aircraft.

I've lived my entire life on the shore you vacation at. Considering max range of these aircraft is multiple miles in that area (the shoreline has minimal obstructions to RC other than wifi and towers) and it takes sometimes hours to drive that distance on the shore, you probably recovered it before the owner was able to drive out to the beach and recover it themselves. The PIC likely forgot to reset their home coordinates and an automated emergency landing was made where you found it. Good to know the tourists and Bennies trash our beaches, clog up the roads, and steal our drones too.....

What a wonderful first post on the Autel forums haha glad I signed up.....
Kinda like finding a downed Cessna and deciding to keep it.

drone ownership is not a thing so im not really sure what is expected other than the ordinary.
eta clarification: some of the larger more expensive drones used by the public sector would qualify as "drone ownership", sorry for the confusion.

eta for more clarification: i take that back. it's just a drone not a cessna. :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg