Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Florida Sunrise Above the Fog Layer and Landing

ElectricPickle

Reaction score
This is my first time posting a video on this forum. On October 26th I sent my Evo I up in the dark to capture the pending sunrise. The controller kept notifying me that there was an object 2 feet ahead - I couldn't see anything as it was dark but I assumed it was fog. I broke through the fog layer at about 400 feet and captured the beautiful sunrise. I've edited a short video of the landing through the fog layer using Adobe Premier Elements. I just trimmed off the actual landing at the end, increased the speed of the video and added a music track and saved it in "4K" resolution. I'm happy with the way it turned out, although I've seen 4K video's on this forum with a lot more detail than this has.
Florida Sunrise Above the Fog - EVO 1

_MAX_0078_1.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that the recording has a lack of detail. There wasn't much detail in the scene to capture. Also, detail suffers in low light. What settings were you using.

I wouldn't say that the recording has a lack of detail. There wasn't much detail in the scene to capture. Also, detail suffers in low light. What settings were you using.
I had an ND4 filter on the camera. The Video settings were as follows: PIV=manual, NTSC=Standard, Format=MP4, Resolution=4K (3840x2160), Frame Rate=60, Exposure Mode=Auto, EV=0, Color=Vivid, Style=0. Any recommended changes would be appreciated. Should I set it to the higher 4K resolution? What are the drawbacks of doing that?

I don't have any experience with EVO I. But I can say this; if you want the most bits of data per pixel, try shooting 4K, Manual Exposure at 24fps (since there is very little motion). Also, set the ISO as low as possible to minimize image noise. Adjust shutter speed to suit. It's usually best to underexpose a bit and bring up the dark areas in post. If you overexpose, there's no help for the overly bright areas.
I look forward to your next video.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
I don't have any experience with EVO I. But I can say this; if you want the most bits of data per pixel, try shooting 4K, Manual Exposure at 24fps (since there is very little motion). Also, set the ISO as low as possible to minimize image noise. Adjust shutter speed to suit. It's usually best to underexpose a bit and bring up the dark areas in post. If you overexpose, there's no help for the overly bright areas.
I look forward to your next video.
Thank you. I'll try that for the next sunrise or sunset video. I have tried the manual settings but have found it easier to leave it in auto and tap on the Autel Explorer screen to "set" the shot.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy