Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

First video of the new year

rkyleh

Website
www.thetalontab.com
It was 22 degrees when I was doing this, to blasted cold for this old coot. It was sure pretty had to give it a try. By the way can you fly from inside the truck?:) I wanted to give it a try but with a $1000.00 bird I wanted to ask first.
I shot this on all auto no color correction. I selected the exposure on the screen on the first video clip but forgot to on the rest to cold to think. I was set on 1080 @60 FPS. I have been shooting manual lately and I like it better. I also upgraded to the new firmware and wanted to see if I screwed things up on my bird but she flew great.
Opinion. I loved my XSP for a lot of reasons but I have to say The EVO is by far a better drone.

HiloHawaiian

Nice! You got that same Arctic blast we did. It’s been cold in the “Valley of the Sun”, for a week, but yesterday’s 23F was the coldest in a decade around Phoenix. I went out to fly up in snowy Cave Creek, but it was too windy — not for the XSP, but for me. The wind chill made it hard to even be outside, even with my Soviet rabbit fur hat on!

rkyleh

Website
www.thetalontab.com
Nice! You got that same Arctic blast we did. It’s been cold in the “Valley of the Sun”, for a week, but yesterday’s 23F was the coldest in a decade around Phoenix. I went out to fly up in snowy Cave Creek, but it was too windy — not for the XSP, but for me. The wind chill made it hard to even be outside, even with my Soviet rabbit fur hat on!
I told the wife we should have gone south for the winter but this year we would have to go to Costa Rica.

Tufargon

It was 22 degrees when I was doing this, to blasted cold for this old coot. It was sure pretty had to give it a try. By the way can you fly from inside the truck?:) I wanted to give it a try but with a $1000.00 bird I wanted to ask first.
I shot this on all auto no color correction. I selected the exposure on the screen on the first video clip but forgot to on the rest to cold to think. I was set on 1080 @60 FPS. I have been shooting manual lately and I like it better. I also upgraded to the new firmware and wanted to see if I screwed things up on my bird but she flew great.
Opinion. I loved my XSP for a lot of reasons but I have to say The EVO is by far a better drone.
Very nice rkyleh!!
About flying from inside the truck. I am going to take that thought to a new level. I've been thinking about it for months. I am going to load the Starlink App into my Android head unit in the truck then plug the RC to it.

rkyleh

Website
www.thetalontab.com
Very nice rkyleh!!
About flying from inside the truck. I am going to take that thought to a new level. I've been thinking about it for months. I am going to load the Starlink App into my Android head unit in the truck then plug the RC to it.
That would sure answer the flying in cold weather!!!

Tufargon

I'm sure there will be too much interference. I've never heard of anyone ever mention trying it though.

rkyleh

Website
www.thetalontab.com
I'm sure there will be too much interference. I've never heard of anyone ever mention trying it though.
I know I am going to try it on my next outing I think as long as you have glass between you and the drone it should work but I will stay close just in case.

Tufargon

I know I am going to try it on my next outing I think as long as you have glass between you and the drone it should work but I will stay close just in case.
I'm talking about using the head unit as the main screen that i've never seen anyone mention it before.
I did see a video of a guy flying from inside his vehicle but he had to put it outside the sunroof if i remember correctly to do it. They were actually driving while doing it and the driver had a vr headset on to see if they could drive that way. It was in a huge parking lot so it was kind of safe. lol, kind of.

rkyleh

Website
www.thetalontab.com
This long haul trucker flies his Anafi from the cab of his truck.

Anafi - First Month

Great footage and editing. Love the hand launches, too.
I have been reading about wi-fi and glass the only reason you would have problems is if the windshield had a metal filament of some kind like an embedded antenna for the radio. Next time I go out I am going to give it a try it would sure beat standing out there and freezing your rear end of. I worked construction and it was fun to see how many places I had been on this guys videos, quite a few.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronald W.