Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Never in my life have I seen a company put out firmware updates like these guys. Nothing but a joke if you ask me. Like someone operating out of their basement or garage. If they are still around this time next year I will be very surprised.

screenshot-www.facebook.com 2017-05-18 10-20-46.png

The biggest issue with our current pumpkins is the yaw issue. Why not release new firmware just to address this issue and take your time to add new functions or whatever they are doing that is taking this long and then release a new version of the firmware. Problem solved.

Thinking about a getting a X-Star Premium, should i go with it or go with a Yuneec Typhoon H? I heard Yuneec might be coming out with a 20mp camera. I really like the X-Star and heard its very reliable, but been looking at this forum and other sources for weeks and it seems this company takes forever to get things done. Any thoughts?

Yes Yuneec has one coming out in the third quarter and Autel said they have one coming out in the third quarter also. I would put my money on Yuneec to actually come out on time LOL.

Autel has a great product but they need better resources.
Companies like DJI have thousands of engineers, Autel has a handful. Most of us love the pumpkin and thats why we wait and wait and wait for the firmware update. :)

I don't mind waiting for firmware updates...as long as they are beta tested well and are not released prematurely. I've read a lot about DJI firmware updates and problems people have with them.

Most problems people cause themselves. You wait when the firmware finally gets out, there will be all kinds of people who screwed up.
Waiting is one thing, waiting since last Aug. for a fix to the Yaw is pushing it.

Thinking about a getting a X-Star Premium, should i go with it or go with a Yuneec Typhoon H? I heard Yuneec might be coming out with a 20mp camera. I really like the X-Star and heard its very reliable, but been looking at this forum and other sources for weeks and it seems this company takes forever to get things done. Any thoughts?

I have had norhing but success with the drone and the company. I think people just like to vent. If it was perfect...it would not be here. These forums...and there are a lot now...have people in them that do nothing but vent negative thoughts. Kinda like when a purchased my motorcycle...the forums would make you think you made a colossal mistake...but I love my motorcycle and love my drone. They are all the same...they fly...some take video...some fly away...others eventually fly away. Budget and enthusiasm dictate success for a time. I went with Autel because I do get a response and they do care. I think personally...the rest of the companies...even Autel...are moving product. At least Autel does something other than produce yet another drone you should purchase. I will eventually own a DJI and probably a Yuneec...but I know once a purchase them there is no factory support...just bitchy peeps in these forums

If you research Yuneec you will find that not only do they have a facility in California but they also have a very high rated support team. I own both, Autel and Yuneec and have had zero problems with either as far as support goes. My venting is the long wait for updates.

Now on the updates. There is a post on facebook from someone in Redmond, WA, United States who claims to have the beta firmware. He said "With expo curves, you can now have some great yaw control."
He also said the starpoint system is working right now.

He had a video posted to facebook so I can't post a link to it.
Now I can't confirm if this is all true but I sure hope so.

I have heard that Yuneec creditors have called in all debt! Probably not a good sign!

The article is more about attempts by Yuneec to leverage their suppliers for higher component quality and reliability.

you know i would rather wait for a good firmwear update than have them throw something togather just to make a firmwear date!!! DJI did that too me and bricked my camera softwear...when i contacted them about it they wouldnt even respond to my problem...Good things come to those that wait!!!!

Reactions: Arbaxter
DJI has a lawsuit going against Autel...who knows? when lawyers get involved the cost of things tend to go way up, and perhaps Autel is having to direct many of its resources to its defense instead of product investment. Of course, DJI sues everybody, and it gets sued itself for creating bad products sometimes.

Reactions: Arbaxter
DJI has a lawsuit going against Autel...who knows? when lawyers get involved the cost of things tend to go way up, and perhaps Autel is having to direct many of its resources to its defense instead of product investment. Of course, DJI sues everybody, and it gets sued itself for creating bad products sometimes.
Do you know why they have a lawsuit against Autel?

Reactions: Delta Blue
Reactions: JR Videography
Autel and DJI are both Chinese. And the guy who posted about testing the new beta firmware is either a present or former Autel employee. I don't think the new firmware has actually been sent to beta testers yet.

It's kind of odd that two a Chinese company is suing another company because a product looks alike. Isn't it what Chinese companies do all the time, copy products etc from other countries all the time and get away with it.

Last edited:
Both DJI and Autel are Chinese companies, with products designed and manufactured in Chima.
It seems strange that thet file a lawsuit in US

I know nothing about corporate structure, but as I understand it Autel Technologies is the parent company and is in China. The drone company is a subsidiary called Autel Robotics, and their headquarters is in Washington state. The manufacture of the drones is still in China, but everything else is in the USA. Someone smarter that I, will have to explain further.

johnf

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials