Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update

I just joined the fb group yesterday and the footage of yaw this one guy with the new firmware was very impressive. Same guy also said the entire performance of the bird is incredible and bass greatly increased. Autel seems to have really taken their time on this one and I think it'll pay off.

Yup the Yaw is ten times better from the looks of it. I also like that they brought back the 2x zoom feature. That works pretty slick.

I did a screen grab of one of the videos on facebook. It is not the best resolution but you guys will get to see one of the testing videos. Here is what the OP had to say about his test video. I talk to Health quite a bit he is very into RC anything.

"
Firmware Beta Testing -Waypoints -Vid 4
Here is a basic waypoint mission, planned on-site, offline. I left the altitude at 197, just a basic mission without a lot of playing around since this is my first on the beta.
Everything ran smooth without a hitch. Very stable, even at 197' in 10-20mph winds. Things have changed also. Once you pan around, yaw no longer faces the next waypoint , even when switching to the next, unless you tell it to. After the last point, I had it set to come home. During the RTH, I had full yaw and camera control. I pause it and end the video before it lands, as I was not done with the flight and I had a tricky small area to land in anyhow.
Absolutely ZERO interference during this whole video. Max distance 0.3 miles.
This video also showcases the smooth yaw as I do a lot of looking around as it goes. I also activate the zoom between the last two points, and during the RTH, until near the end.
Unedited. 1080p60 ND16/PL filter."

Reactions: Wrsdas
Thanks for the link. Using VLC media player I was able to download a pretty good copy of the video.

johnf

Ugh; after all this time and it still is definitely a "beta". :-( Seems that roughly half the time he yaws in that video, especially near the beginning, the camera jerks at the beginning and end of the movement. Other times it's smooth. I wonder if that's pilot error or firmware error? And the zoom feature isn't smooth; it "steps" into and out of the zoom. Strange, and a bit disappointing.

Other questions would be: do the EXP settings work in the beta fw? Can you edit more than one waypoint at once? Meaning, can you adjust the altitude of 7 of your 15 waypoints to all be the same, at the same time? Can you have more than 15 waypoints? Can you build a flight plan that's bigger than 1/4 mile circumference?

Unfortunately, I'm not very impressed so far. :-(

I do have a request in to join the official group, but no response so far. When I submitted the request, I got the response from Frank, so I thought I was in the official group. I think Frank's trying to confuse me.

LOL
He is to short to confuse anybody :)
Well the Autel people are on the west coast so their day starts a little later. The facebook page is moderated by the CS team so if they are busy off doing something else it might be a while.

LOL
He is to short to confuse anybody :)
Well the Autel people are on the west coast so their day starts a little later. The facebook page is moderated by the CS team so if they are busy off doing something else it might be a while.
No biggie, you can keep me up to speed on the firmware.

Now the $64,000 question is......will the firmware make it out of beta or do we have to continue waiting? My opinion is if it is even slightly better release it. The other manufacturers seem to release firmware weekly with little or no beta it seems.

From all indications from the two main guys testing it they cannot find anything wrong with it so far.
I'm guessing it will not be out till the end of June.
When I asked they were not sure if it will be released as a public beta for a while but to look forward to it in a few weeks.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN