Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update

Did anybody see the news about DJI making it so you have to register your DJI drone again on there site? I guess they want you to do a update again to your drone and if you dont they will cripple your drone so that it will only do very small distance and height....i hear the distance will only be about 160 feet and height would only be in the 90 foot range..this is what they will set your drone to if your dont do update and register it at there site....not sure i really get what there trying to do? I also understand this is only in other countrys like U.S. But China does not have to do this...Ill post more when i get this figured out..

In July, DJI aircraft firmware will require mobile applications that control DJI aircraft to be activated with the user’s DJI account, if that application is being used in China. This will ensure operators use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for their aircraft, as determined by their geographical location and user profile.

A summary of the activation system is:

On July 1, this feature will go live on all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware
Users in China will be required to activate their application by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months within the application
Activation will be persistent in the application until the user logs out
A data connection will be required to log into a DJI account
Outside of China, the SDK will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in
If an application is not activated, or a legacy version of the SDK is being used, all camera live streams will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a cylinder of 100m diameter and 30m height to ensure the aircraft stays within line of sight.
This week, v4.1 of the Mobile SDK will be released that will include APIs to support this system. Applications should update to v4.1 as soon as they can to support the activation system natively. For applications that are not upgraded to v4.1 or activated by the user, full aircraft functionality can still be achieved by first connecting any other upgraded/activated application on each power cycle of the aircraft. For example, DJI Go could be initially connected to the aircraft, then the user could switch to the SDK based application.

In addition, v4.1 of the Mobile SDK will include support for M200, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Individual Unlock Fly Zones. Please see the release notes for more details on the updates to the Mobile SDK.

As always, the DJI Dev Team is committed to improving your developer experience. Please report any bugs or questions you have to [email protected]. We recommend that you frequently check the DJI SDK downloads page to ensure that you are always working with the latest version of the DJI SDK.

Two people I know that are beta testers have started testing the new firmware and say it is great. very smooth Yaw. Videos are on Facebook or else I would post here.
Seems Autel actually gave them new X-Stars with the firmware on them to test. Pretty awesome of Autel to do that.
Look for more updates as they test through the weekend.

what exactly are we supposed to be looking for at the link you provided above? Should I ask to join the Autel group? I'm confused.

Yes those groups are closed groups. You do need to ask to join the group. Almost every group on facebook is a closed group run by certain people. That one is run by the CS team at Autel.

I asked one of the testers today if the zoom feature has been put back into the new firmware and they said yes. This is a plus.
Also all the videos I have watched so far the XSP is a lot more stable. Looks very promising on the updated firmware.

I have asked them a few times to upload them to youtube but the two guys I know that are testing said they would have to ask Autel to post outside of the facebook page. I cannot see any reason why Autel would have a problem with it. You would think if they have corrected problems in this update they would want the world to know. :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain