Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware update fails at 64% and gimbal won't work again.

Congratulations! Do you mean portrait ability of the lens? I think only the Lite (non-plus) has that? If not what is the vertical mount? Do you have a date of manufacture on the box? Cheers
I can't find the manufacture date anywhere. But I bought mine at the beginning of March, so I hope is a newer production version

I can't find the manufacture date anywhere. But I bought mine at the beginning of March, so I hope is a newer production version
Can you do a time-lapse test and let us know if the camera shakes left to right when shooting. This is clearly visible when watching the video, there is a post here on the forum about it as well.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
It’s not just in timelapse. It moves on its own even while stationary too.

Official Autel Nano and Lite only in 2 days arrive "officialy" in here...only the early releases were on sales up to now, with gimbal issues (misplaced rubber holders)....

Have you tested if your camera does the shakes as well? A time-lapse would be perfect if you cannot see it doing this while its on the ground.
On the ground it won’t shake. I let it sat for around 10 minutes and didn’t notice any. I will try Timelapse next. I’m out of town so I have to find an open area to tested.

According to the video from 6170 & Up Drone Services, the hovering was shaky.

According to the video from 6170 & Up Drone Services, the hovering was shaky.

I did notice mine doing that but not that violently. I will try where I’m at now which is VERY windy up in the mountains in from of the ocean. So the wind is gusting at around 18-25 mph

On the ground it won’t shake. I let it sat for around 10 minutes and didn’t notice any. I will try Timelapse next. I’m out of town so I have to find an open area to tested.
Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to the test results

On the ground the camera doesn’t “shake”, it moves very slowly side to side in a wandering like movement. Turn on your rule of third lines and you will see it moving constantly side to side.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
The culprit is Autel Pilots in China that started selling these drones early that were not ready for market sales. I got mine on Jan 5 and the dealer said he had it in December which makes you wonder if these were pre production models. Dealer swears these are the real deal but with all the issues I had I doubt it. I returned it and they managed to source me another one, returning that as well now because of constant camera issues.
I have also same problem now with the new drone. Bought it on Aliexpress germany warehouse. Maybe it is after firmware update gimbal does not work.

No. Lets put the blame where the blame should be aimed. Autel. Autel released these drones to distributors with the issues at hand. They have done this with every drone release since inception if you’ve been around for some time. Autel eventually catches up with most issues after many months. It’s as if no one from Autel spends any time flying these before release, because if they had…it wouldn’t take long to see the issues they have or have had. I found these issues within minutes of my first flight. On a positive note, today’s update went well and seems to have fixed the gimbal issues and sway I have had since day one. Now it’s great and I am happy.

On the ground the camera doesn’t “shake”, it moves very slowly side to side in a wandering like movement. Turn on your rule of third lines and you will see it moving constantly side to side.
Yes confirmed, the Gimbal drifting is still there on the latest FW V1.3.27... FYI mine got much better after doing a full calibration of the drone (IMU, Compass, Gimbal), however bug is not resolved, its manageable and flyable so I hope that the next FW has the fix has that would be in line with Autel R&D

Hi i have completaly same problem. But now in April - March. I did 5 very nice smooth flights, but with old firmware with just a few options. Now my gimbal is dead and update always fails at 65%.

Hi i have completaly same problem. But now in April - March. I did 5 very nice smooth flights, but with old firmware with just a few options. Now my gimbal is dead and update always fails at 65%.
Yike thats sucks, have you tired the manual way , zip file method. I had similar issues with the original FW update on the Lite+ and Nano+ , the fix was to use a formatted SD and the zip file , took less than 20 min to redoo the FW on the Lite+, I got the last FW from @Blade Strike , hopefully we can get the Lite+ zipfile soon. Just make sure you have a green solid led at the end of the update.

Reactions: gophcc
No. Lets put the blame where the blame should be aimed. Autel. Autel released these drones to distributors with the issues at hand. They have done this with every drone release since inception if you’ve been around for some time. Autel eventually catches up with most issues after many months. It’s as if no one from Autel spends any time flying these before release, because if they had…it wouldn’t take long to see the issues they have or have had. I found these issues within minutes of my first flight. On a positive note, today’s update went well and seems to have fixed the gimbal issues and sway I have had since day one. Now it’s great and I am happy.
Maybe Autel factory locates inside NFZ .:p

My Lite+ had one of the gimbal dampers misplaced exfactory, seems they have inexperienced operators and the QC barely exists.

Maybe Autel factory locates inside NFZ .:p

My Lite+ had one of the gimbal dampers misplaced exfactory, seems they have inexperienced operators and the QC barely exists.
....or maybe your particular drone was not built/inspected on the regular factory line but part of a secondary hand-built process (for the gimbal) outside the norm.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves