Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware update fails at 64% and gimbal won't work again.

I have owned several DJI models。It was usually not too easy to update FW,

With autel EVO lite+, I had similar problems at first few attemps, but somehow it just went through. What really sucks is you can't skip the update, or can you? imaging you are on site to fly then there's the popup dor update ?

Reactions: Starfire
I have owned several DJI models。It was usually not too easy to update FW,

With autel EVO lite+, I had similar problems at first few attemps, but somehow it just went through. What really sucks is you can't skip the update, or can you? imaging you are on site to fly then there's the popup dor update ?
My only experience with drones has been the P4P v2 at work. I’ve had it tell me no firmware updates available and then tell me there is one that is 3 Months old that I need to install. Have also had it tell me there’s firmware mismatches when everything is up to date. The no fly zone update hangs on occasion but completes finally. Often the feed lags and I have to land and reboot.

Autel has now had 3 business days to respond to my dead drone email and so far all I have received is the initial robo response of "we'll contact you soon". There is still zero phone or chat support.

As far as I'm concerned their customer support sucks.

Glad some of you got a good working piece of tech.

I'm out 1649 bucks with a paperweight.

I'll wait til Monday but if I haven't heard anything by then I'll initiate a charge back on my CC. Maybe that will get their attention.
I hope you get it resolved and understand your frustration. It’s a big purchase to not be able to use

Autel has now had 3 business days to respond to my dead drone email and so far all I have received is the initial robo response of "we'll contact you soon". There is still zero phone or chat support.

As far as I'm concerned their customer support sucks.

Glad some of you got a good working piece of tech.

I'm out 1649 bucks with a paperweight.

I'll wait til Monday but if I haven't heard anything by then I'll initiate a charge back on my CC. Maybe that will get their attention.
Chinese New Year.

Thought I'd update this in case it might help others.

So after much fiddling I’ve at least managed to get this thing in the air. I noticed that every time I would turn the drone on the gimbal would go through its motions so I knew it wasn’t completely dead.

After multiple attempts at gimbal and IMU calibration I was finally able to get it to complete both by moving both the drone and controller to within a foot of each other in another room of the house. Don’t know if there was too much interference in my office or what but it finally managed to complete. Great!

Now…lets fly it. Well maybe. Set it down and turn it on. Gimbal fails. WTF? Well what I’ve noticed and been able to duplicate several times is that if the camera isn’t very close to level in the gimbal…like within 10 degrees or so when you set it down…the gimbal fails every time it goes through the power up cycle. Weird. Never had this happen on previous drones. But any way OK…level off the camera every time and lets go! Sort of…

Yup…take off and fly all seems great. Test all the controls. Everything works as should. Sucks there is no follow me yet but hopefully that comes soon. Head out several hundred yards fly around for 10 or 15 minutes and all seems well. Start to bring it back to me and WARNING! “RC CONNECTION LOST!”

ARGH! But it wasn’t. I had line of sight on the thing about 100 feet away. Had picture on my screen. Had solid signal. I live very remote and there’s little to no interference. Battery levels were still 50% or better. No idea why this happened but its very disconcerting. It gave me a “returning” message but it wasn’t and didn’t. I still had full control even though it said I was disconnected. And it never thought it regained connection. Don’t know. I’m flummoxed.

Other observations.

Pictures seem OK. I haven’t even gotten to taking video yet as being told it was disconnected was too worrying and I just brought it in.

Stability seems good enough for video or single shots in good light but at 15 feet off the ground in zero wind it kinda wanders in all directions. Anything BUT rock solid. I’ve seen videos where guys are taking long exposures. Like 8 seconds long. No way mine is that steady. Not even close.

Hopefully all this stuff gets resolved through firmware updates.

Still quite aggravating being a guinea pig but that seems to be very common today. Early adopters will figure it out for us is the new business model for too many.

Oh…and I know it’s the weekend but its now been 5 days since my initial email support request to Autel and still crickets.

Still on the fence as whether to return or not. I’d even splurge the extra $$$ for a Mavic 3 but then again from the research there DJI is having plenty of issues too.

Going to do some more testing. I’d just like this one to work…please.

Reactions: gophcc
Perhaps return it and buy another. I know I would get rid of a lemon as soon as I can.
I had serious issues with brand new M2Z and A2S, non-recoverable problems, returned both and the replacements were perfect.

Just being lucky? My Lite+ seemed to be pretty good. only doubt is RTH behavior, it seems to land instead of return. will check it out when the rain stops.

Quick update hopefully issues resolved. Autel finally got back to me yesterday...a full 7 days after initial email...anyhow they seemed willing to help. However I think Ive solved the loss of signal issue. Maybe this should be second nature or habit but...seems the wifi on the Tripltek being left on can interfere with the signal from the RC to Drone. After a full battery run through this morning I had zero issues. So from now on it needs to become habit to shut off the wifi on the tablet...or phones for that matter...just to be safe.

Also release 1.1.6 of Autel Sky is now out so I did a clean install of that and for all I know that resolved the issue. Not sure what changes or updates were made since 1.1.5 but things seem to be working.

Now if we could just get follow me mode.

Reactions: Bussty and gophcc
Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions for someone that has ordered a Lite+ and reading your post :) Really glad you got it sorted and sounds like both the Lite+ and Mavic 3 were rushed to market as each manufacturer didn't want to be last!

Sounds like lots of good things to still come from the firmware updates which is very exciting!

I've also been having issues with the update failing on my Lite +. I've tried 7 or 8 times. It fails at 21%.

Any suggestions??

Screenshot_20220217-084720_AutelSky.jpg

What numbered version FW is it prompting you to update? Mine says it is on the latest firmware (V1.1.4), but Autel support says it is not the latest and I have not received any prompts to update no matter what Autel suggests…still waiting on a response from Autel…

What numbered version FW is it prompting you to update? Mine says it is on the latest firmware (V1.1.4), but Autel support says it is not the latest and I have not received any prompts to update no matter what Autel suggests…still waiting on a response from Autel…
V1.1.4 is the latest for the Lite+. Ken Booth advised we will get an update in March as well. Mine is on the same version and shows as latest in the app.

Yes. Spoke with Autel and it was a misunderstanding about the FW. Still cannot figure out the yawing gimbal though. We’ll see.

Reactions: surenmunoo
Seems it's not easy to fixed all issues, same FW version but different behavior on every single unit.

No idea. I tried mine several times, and, all of a sudden it's done.
I spoke with Evan at Autel support, he suggested loading Autel Sky on another device and trying again. I did and it failed a couple times. He also suggested formatting the SD card, so I did that. It failed again on the other device. I decided to try again and it finally went through!!!

Reactions: gophcc
I received my lite+ I bought from Autelpilot.com thinking is was Autel direct. I believe mine came with version 1.1.4 installed because I have not need to do any updates. So far it been working fine. Flown 3 times and no problems I can tell at this moment. The only thing I think is missing from my box is the vertical mount. It was on the photo when I bought it and is in the included parts page but not in the box. The box was sealed so it makes me wonder.

I received my lite+ I bought from Autelpilot.com thinking is was Autel direct. I believe mine came with version 1.1.4 installed because I have not need to do any updates. So far it been working fine. Flown 3 times and no problems I can tell at this moment. The only thing I think is missing from my box is the vertical mount. It was on the photo when I bought it and is in the included parts page but not in the box. The box was sealed so it makes me wonder.
Congratulations! Do you mean portrait ability of the lens? I think only the Lite (non-plus) has that? If not what is the vertical mount? Do you have a date of manufacture on the box? Cheers

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58