Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fail to idle

rkymtnflyer

Reaction score
Looking for some help. 50% of my attempted take-offs don't happen. When I arm the motors they fail to go into idle. They "whoosh" twice and stop. I get no warnings on the remote or app, nothing. Firmware is up to date, re-pairing has happened. I have tried repositioning the aircraft, repositioning myself, rebooting remote and aircraft... about everything I can think of. I don't notice a pattern to when/why it happens, it just does. What am I doing wrong?

I've figured out the issue: pilot error. When arming the motors, press the sticks down and in (or out) quickly. Less than a second. Rookie mistake.

Reactions: goferfan
I did the same damn thing my first flight. Stood out there for twenty minutes cursing the thing for not working. Then I pulled up a youtube instructional video and saw my mistake in about 5 seconds. Woops

Reactions: rkymtnflyer
Well I'll be damned, here I'm thinking maybe it needs 15 instead of 12 sats, or God knows what else went through my mind. Fired her up as suggested and boom instant idle, thought I might have to reset the carbs or something :eek:
Ha! I was desperate too… getting ready to change the muffler bearing and then top off the blinker fluid!

Reactions: KentA
I basically had it work perfectly every time. Handed the controller to a friend, and he couldn't get it to start. Too long, too short, just always wrong.
There's a trick to it, and some people just don't have it initially.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN