Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Failed to Upload Mission

justin929

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue when trying to upload a waypoint or mapping mission? Happens no matter the size of the mission. I get a spinning wheel for about 30 seconds, then a message that it failed to upload, with no reason as to why. FW is up to date. Customer support took me through rebooting the drone, SC, clearing cache on the app, relogging back in, clearing SD Card, and still no luck. Also tried with all obstacle avoidance and flight limitations turned off/on. Cust. Serv rep Took my email and said a technician may contact me. Not holding my breath. Otherwise, I can fly the drone manually in camera mode and it seems to be trouble free in that mode, but mission planning is totally non functional. This drone has been flown maybe a total of 10 times. It was sent back after a crash last year because the control link disconnected and it hung in the air till the battery died and came down hard. After a long drawn out back and forth our vendor finally got a hold of the rep who warrantied the repair. It's been sitting in the box since because I won't fly it anywhere near people after that disconnect. Was hoping to use it for mapping - we do ortho's for crime scenes and thought I could at least put it to use there, but then I ran into this issue. Super frustrated.

Anyone else have this issue when trying to upload a waypoint or mapping mission? Happens no matter the size of the mission. I get a spinning wheel for about 30 seconds, then a message that it failed to upload, with no reason as to why. FW is up to date. Customer support took me through rebooting the drone, SC, clearing cache on the app, relogging back in, clearing SD Card, and still no luck. Also tried with all obstacle avoidance and flight limitations turned off/on. Cust. Serv rep Took my email and said a technician may contact me. Not holding my breath. Otherwise, I can fly the drone manually in camera mode and it seems to be trouble free in that mode, but mission planning is totally non functional. This drone has been flown maybe a total of 10 times. It was sent back after a crash last year because the control link disconnected and it hung in the air till the battery died and came down hard. After a long drawn out back and forth our vendor finally got a hold of the rep who warrantied the repair. It's been sitting in the box since because I won't fly it anywhere near people after that disconnect. Was hoping to use it for mapping - we do ortho's for crime scenes and thought I could at least put it to use there, but then I ran into this issue. Super frustrated.
I'm getting the exact same thing and it's only since my controller was returned from being fixed

My drone - never crashed, controller never damaged = 'failed to upload mission'.
Super frustrating, as I have a paid job to do in the next couple of days.

As I try and do some self-trouble shooting, I will edit this post.
Others have said to restart, take out the battery (that might have been whilst the mission was actually being flown)....

My drone - never crashed, controller never damaged = 'failed to upload mission'.

Others have said to restart, take out the battery (that might have been whilst the mission was actually being flown)....
Ive been dealing with Autel customer services on this for over a week. They have no idea what it is and have been unable to suggest a solution. I had to delay a job, it is ridiculously frustrating. I currently own a really expensive paperweight.

Ive been dealing with Autel customer services on this for over a week. They have no idea what it is and have been unable to suggest a solution. I had to delay a job, it is ridiculously frustrating. I currently own a really expensive paperweight.

Update.
I managed to download the previous app (IOS) - got the mission uploaded, and the drone flew.
Checking the SD Card - discovered that there are none of the 269 images taken... they were in the internal memory.
Have others tried the previous version?

I updated the latest version 2.4.43 , the aircraft is not stable now(Always Mission Failed to Upload), Can someone help? Thanks!

I updated the latest version 2.4.43 , the aircraft is not stable now(Always Mission Failed to Upload), Can someone help? Thanks!
Greetings!
I downloaded the older version on iOS, which allowed me to upload and fly the mission I needed - I was able to test this on 23AUG23.
Just processed the 260 images and created an Ortho - so I can confirm that it worked!

Reactions: heroic
Greetings!
I downloaded the older version on iOS, which allowed me to upload and fly the mission I needed - I was able to test this on 23AUG23.
Just processed the 260 images and created an Ortho - so I can confirm that it worked!
Gratitude!

How download the older version on iOS?
Can you explain your method? please~

Gratitude!

How download the older version on iOS?
Can you explain your method? please~
On the App Store search for AUTEL.

Choose the app that is titled ' Autel Explorer' (it has 1STAR review/rating).
Make sure that it is NOT 'AutelExplorer V2'

Install.

Link your drone.
Create your mission.
Send to drone.
Job done.... !

Yes I have this problem too! Recently, I have tried to fly missions. I’m able to create a mission and save it, however when I hit the FLY link it starts to UPLOAD the mission to the aircraft and sometimes, I get an ERROR MESSAGE; FAILURE TO UP LOAD. And sometimes it uploads it, however It NEVER starts to fly the mission. Then I go through the Flight Check, hit the fly link and it gives me the ERROR MESSAGE again.
Help me please!

Yes I have this problem too! Recently, I have tried to fly missions. I’m able to create a mission and save it, however when I hit the FLY link it starts to UPLOAD the mission to the aircraft and sometimes, I get an ERROR MESSAGE; FAILURE TO UP LOAD. And sometimes it uploads it, however It NEVER starts to fly the mission. Then I go through the Flight Check, hit the fly link and it gives me the ERROR MESSAGE again.
Help me please!
I reached out to the email [email protected] and with a few emails back and for they were able to help me download and install a version that let me upload and fly. FYI I did not have the exact issues you do but similar. I could create edit and save a mission but was not able to upload it. Once I uploaded the new version via memory card I haven't had any issues yet.

Reactions: EBERLS
I reached out to the email [email protected] and with a few emails back and for they were able to help me download and install a version that let me upload and fly. FYI I did not have the exact issues you do but similar. I could create edit and save a mission but was not able to upload it. Once I uploaded the new version via memory card I haven't had any issues yet.
That's great news. I just got an Autel Evo 2 640R and it's having this exact issue. I just emailed support today

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo