Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Drone Registration

new FAA registration identification card
Who gave you that card? I have registered all my drones with the FAA and all I get is a printable piece of paper. Heck, even my Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate doesn't include a photo of me.

Who gave you that card? I have registered all my drones with the FAA and all I get is a printable piece of paper. Heck, even my Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate doesn't include a photo of me.
i paid $45 and started on this site:

I got the card directly from the FAA though I stupidly went, maybe to the same site you did and over paid. However no photo ID but a nice official card, but the stickers I got were just the number, I kind off like yours, and I do say kind off because I don't really know if I should have so much information on the bird, I guess good in case you loose your bird, bad in the event of a flyaway ending in accident

I just registered directly to the FAA website and made the label myself. When you register online, all you get is a PDF with the same info as the card, where you are suppose to print it out and carry it with you at all times. I paid $5 USD. My Part 107 certification is a nice card.

I just registered directly to the FAA website and made the label myself. When you register online, all you get is a PDF with the same info as the card, where you are suppose to print it out and carry it with you at all times. I paid $5 USD. My Part 107 certification is a nice card.
Yeah, every site I go to want $45 or so to register a drone. Thought it was only $5. What am I missing???????
butch

Yeah, every site I go to want $45 or so to register a drone. Thought it was only $5. What am I missing???????
butch

If you go to those sites you're missing 40 extra bucks.

I found a seller on Amazon that makes those cards along with a registration sticker for $15.00. The card comes with a sleeve holder and necklace strap, minus the mugshot though.

Yep, this is what I did and it was $5.
Lots of places out there trying to get into your wallet......
butch

Reactions: Ansia
Hey guys, I found a place that'll do it for $85.00! Im keeping it on the low down though, I don't want everyone to know about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Seriously though, whenever i see someone post about registering their drone it always makes me think you're registering yourself as a drone owner, you're not registering your drone. If you were, each drone would have a unique identification number instead of you having the number that you put on each of your drones.

Just a thought, idk.

I paid $5 and got some weird "FA" number (I thoughb it was an "N" number?) that I will have to remember to write on my Drone if I visit the US and want to fly the drone. I'll probably just use a label maker or some painters tape and a sharpie - yeah I'm cheap :)

I'll also have it on my phone if I need to refer to it. Why are people paying money to print the certificate when you could just show it on your device? Seems unnecessary.

Seriously though, whenever i see someone post about registering their drone it always makes me think you're registering yourself as a drone owner, you're not registering your drone. If you were, each drone would have a unique identification number instead of you having the number that you put on each of your drones.

Just a thought, idk.

If in the USA and if you are a Part 107 pilot you need to register each of your UAV's. If you are just a Recreational pilot you are registering yourself not the UAV. Here in Canada it makes no difference, you pay for each UAV as if it was a real airplane.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain