Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo recording in two separate files ???

fallguy1975

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem when filming on the evo I’ve noticed that when I eject my sd card and insert it into my windows pc there’s two movie files but I’ve only flown and filmed once one file is about 3gb and then there’s always a smaller file of about 400/500mb the second file always contains a small section of the end of the recording is this some setting in the camera ??

Pretty normal for most UAV cameras.
However the split between those files is seamless and will join perfectly
when placed together in the timeline of whatever video editing program
you are using.
There's a 2Gb file size limit on FAT16 and a 4Gb file limit on Fat32 formatted cards. The limit on exFAT is huge.

Most video devices split files, and don't take notice of the file system - they just split at the 2Gb/4Gb size regardless and require you to have a 'minimum spec' card that has the appropriate format.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply I’ve had a couple of drones mainly dji I can’t remember them doing the recording in two parts ? It seems like the same size file for the first part I’m just wondering if there’s a file size limit for each recording.

Thanks for the reply I’ve had a couple of drones mainly dji I can’t remember them doing the recording in two parts ? It seems like the same size file for the first part I’m just wondering if there’s a file size limit for each recording.

I'm pretty sure my Air does this as well. Oddly enough across the drones I have the split seems to be about length, not file size. Yuneec splits at 5:00. My Evo splits at 4:55 IIRC.

I have an Inspire !, splits the files at 9 minutes, my old Yuneec Q500 did too, however if you want a good laugh the ONLY one that doesn't make the cut seamless is the Inspire. It is annoying as heck, at least a frame is dropped on both the bird and the Osmo.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN