Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Nano+ in 2024

Icestation

Reaction score
I am having trouble justifying $750 for the bundle deal (Nano+, runtime bundle, 1 year care)
This is solely for recreational use. In the US, Oregon to be specific.
Couple of questions:
1. This Nano+ meet the recent Rid requirements? Does this actually matter for recreational use.
2. Is there going to be an updated model coming out soon? Should I wait?
3. Is the 1 year costumer care worth it? Given how many reviews of bad customer support. 4. Has anyone actually used it because of a crash and what kind of turn around was it?
5. Should I just drop the extra $300 on a DJI mini 4 pro?

I am having trouble justifying $750 for the bundle deal (Nano+, runtime bundle, 1 year care)
Couple of questions:
1. This Nano+ meet the recent Rid requirements? Does this actually matter for recreational use.
3. Is the 1 year costumer care worth it? Given how many reviews of bad customer support. 4. Has anyone actually used it because of a crash and what kind of turn around was it?
Where are you seeing it for that price? I think official Autel is selling it for $630 plus tax.

1.It is hard to tell if the Nano+ has a valid FAA Declaration of Compliance but most likely it does. Since this drone is less than 250g unmodified, should not matter for recreational use only.
2.To my knowledge there is no updated model coming out soon, I wouldn't wait.
3.I believe the Care is worth it for $80 unless you have a better option such as you might find on eBay or Amazon.
4.Since I have made no claims, I cannot comment on how well these services work but I heard they are very good with quick turnaround.
5.The Mini 4 Pro is a better choice in my opinion but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Thanks for the reply.

Price wise, was the premium package showing $630? It is out of stock so it wont show me a price.
The current bundle price deal for $749 the nano+ standard package, plus the extended runtime pack (case, extra batteries, charger etc.) plus a 1 year care card/code.
On the official website scroll down and you will see a deal banner if you add all 3 items cart adds discounts.

My bad, i see the $649 premium package price, just out of stock, plus $80 for a year of care, saves me $20... Thanks, now to hope it comes back in stock soon.

I like the idea of the nano+ much better, not a fan of the price or the restrictions on the dji, but if it is worth it I would do it, doubt we see a sale on the mini 4 pro anytime soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Price wise, was the premium package showing $630? It is out of stock so it wont show me a price.
The current bundle price deal for $749 the nano+ standard package, plus the extended runtime pack (case, extra batteries, charger etc.) plus a 1 year care card/code.
On the official website scroll down and you will see a deal banner if you add all 3 items cart adds discounts.

My bad, i see the $649 premium package price, just out of stock, plus $80 for a year of care, saves me $20... Thanks, now to hope it comes back in stock soon.

I like the idea of the nano+ much better, not a fan of the price or the restrictions on the dji, but if it is worth it I would do it, doubt we see a sale on the mini 4 pro anytime soon.
Buy the Nano+ here:

Reactions: ADOC
Buy the Nano+ here:

I would go for the Autel LIte Plus. great drone, yes you need to register it but also it has RID, flies longer, better camera.

I would go for the Autel LIte Plus. great drone, yes you need to register it but also it has RID, flies longer, better camera.
I would love to go over 250g, Do I need to do anything else to be able to fly?
From what I have seen the state of Oregon requires a TRUST certificate, no mater the size. But the laws are about as clear as mud... I almost called off this whole desire to get one because of all the conflicting information.

I live in the country surrounded by public/fed and private timber land that I have access to (with permission of course). I wanted to start using a drone to help me explore the old logging roads. Longer flight time would be great. But nothing so big i couldn't fit in a backpack. Also Cell service is non existent. So it better not need a data signal.

The TRUST cert is very easy to pass online. I think it's free. Once you pass it and can print it out and keep a copy of it in your wallet. Registering your drone is also very easy and you can do it for 5 dollars I believe online. I do not believe you need an active data connection to fly at all.

Couple of questions:

Keep in mind that Autel support states there is only one small location on the bottom of the Nano+ to safely mount a strobe. The location is actually a curved surface which makes mounting difficult. This would rule out night flights if you decided you wanted to get into that. I finally got this info after support staff gave incorrect information twice and I asked to be escalated. Might want to consider other options besides Autel.

Reactions: ADOC

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo