Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dull screw in my evo nano+

janwilms

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So today I tried unscrewing the body of my evo nano+ after crashing it into a tree (beginner). My accu doesn’t want to charge anymore through the drone itself after this accident (I already purchased the on the go bundle with the triple docking station.
there was one screw of the 4 screws which was really stuck and I think it is a factory fault because there was also a metal cover on the screw which prevented me from loosening the screw. Now after a few tries I got the metal thingy of the screw but now the screw is so stuck that I screwed the screw dull.
I don’t want to apply to much pressure to get my screwdriver further in the hole.
Has anyone had this too and what did you do?

Hello everyone,

So today I tried unscrewing the body of my evo nano+ after crashing it into a tree (beginner). My accu doesn’t want to charge anymore through the drone itself after this accident (I already purchased the on the go bundle with the triple docking station.
there was one screw of the 4 screws which was really stuck and I think it is a factory fault because there was also a metal cover on the screw which prevented me from loosening the screw. Now after a few tries I got the metal thingy of the screw but now the screw is so stuck that I screwed the screw dull.
I don’t want to apply to much pressure to get my screwdriver further in the hole.
Has anyone had this too and what did you do?

I had a similar experience
I struggled to get a philips screwdriver to properly bite into the screw head
I shined a light into hole and saw a blob of plastic/glue on top of the screw head
I used a pair of tweezers to carefully dislodge and extract the blob from the top of the head, and found the philips cross underneath was intact.
After that, I was able to extract the screw.

I had a similar experience
I struggled to get a philips screwdriver to properly bite into the screw head
I shined a light into hole and saw a blob of plastic/glue on top of the screw head
I used a pair of tweezers to carefully dislodge and extract the blob from the top of the head, and found the philips cross underneath was intact.
After that, I was able to extract the screw.
Yeah I had that too, but I was at first screwing the blob and just wondering why I couldn’t get any grip.
Then I removed that blob and after that I tried to get the screw out but it just was stuck stuck, I couldn’t get it out with my best pair of screwdrivers. I even tried a flat screwdriver which work better sometimes. And now the screw is stripped😅

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo