Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO ll Pro V3 6K Gimbal makes whining sound just sitting there with no controller interaction

cmoynihan

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and Autel. I just had my first flight with updated software, firmware, gimbal, compass and IMU calibrations done successfully.

PROBLEM: when the drone is turned on and connected to controller SE, the gimbal is making whining sound much like a poorly adjusted servo on an rc car. without touching any controls on the remote. Any idea's on what could be wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
SE, the gimbal is making whining sound much like a poorly adjusted servo on an rc car.
This started after the update?

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

This started after the update?
no...brand new drone purchased about 2 weeks ago. It says software up to date...the gimbal appears to be operational in flight. Im just worried the whining sound means the gimbal servo/actuators will burn out...

Last edited:
I get the message on my controller SE...."Gimbal Motor Stall protection, please check around". It still goes through and passes gimbal calibration test..but soon after the test completes successfully, the gimble motor starts running again(noisey warbling type sound). I can raise the gimbal and it stays there, then drops after about 15 seconds....

Admin,
Please move this to the EVO ll Pro V3 forum if possible. Please excuse my oversight. Thank you.

edit..now in touch with autel email support. Hopefully I can get it resolved.

Last edited:
I once had this situation, and the sound was even louder than yours, but it got better after I adjusted the IMU a few times, and then updated the new FW, and there was no sound again.

Update: Autel replaced the gimble/camera unit free of charge. Drone up and running. Pleased with the service and a relatively quick turnaround...2 weeks or so.

Reactions: waltermitty

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo