Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II V2 Units are now available!

With current public system updates, firmware and app, you won’t even be able to select it.

Hi Blade Strike!

Thanks for taking the time to give us some info!

A lot of us are still confused though. Do you think you could answer some additional questions for us, please?

1. Wasn't the V1 Smart Controller supposed to be dual-band (2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz)? If so, is it still going to be dual-band?

2. Is the V2 Smart Controller going to be dual-band or tri-band? If so, which bands?

3. Without the smart controller (just the standard controller), will the Evo II V2 support dual-band or tri-band at all or will it just be single-band?

Reactions: SARty
Hi Blade Strike!

Thanks for taking the time to give us some info!

A lot of us are still confused though. Do you think you could answer some additional questions for us, please?

1. Wasn't the V1 Smart Controller supposed to be dual-band (2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz)? If so, is it still going to be dual-band?

2. Is the V2 Smart Controller going to be dual-band or tri-band? If so, which bands?

3. Without the smart controller (just the standard controller), will the Evo II V2 support dual-band or tri-band at all or will it just be single-band?
1. I don’t see why they would make it 5.8 band if the v1 AC never supported it.

2. To my knowledge it will be dual band 2.4 and 5.8, to support the bands available on the v2.

3. v2 and stock RC will support both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

Reactions: GunnerBAC and SARty
1. I don’t see why they would make it 5.8 band if the v1 AC never supported it.

2. To my knowledge it will be dual band 2.4 and 5.8, to support the bands available on the v2.

3. v2 and stock RC will support both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

Thanks again for clearing this up. This is going to help a lot of us decide how we're going to proceed from here.

One last question though. You probably won't know the answer to this one or, if you do know the answer, you probably won't be allowed to answer it by your company but I'll give it a shot anyway.

If the V1 Aircraft never supported 5.8Ghz and 5.8Ghz was never going to be implemented with the V1 Smart Controller because it wasn't compatible with the V1 Aircraft in the first place, then why did Autel advertise the Smart Controller as having dual-band (2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz) ever since the Smart Controller was announced which was WAY BEFORE the V2 fiasco was ever announced?

I know this to be fact because I was continuously reading about the Smart Controller on the Autel website while drooling over it and awaiting it's release.

Click the link below to see one of my previous posts for more info on what I saw on the Autel website regarding the Smart Controller and what is there now:

I was not around prior, I did not see where they advertised 5.8ghz on the v1 smart controller.
The advertisement is correct now for v2 but I would say a little misleading for v1.

Reactions: GunnerBAC
I was not around prior, I did not see where they advertised 5.8ghz on the v1 smart controller.
The advertisement is correct now for v2 but I would say a little misleading for v1.

Got it. Thanks for your input. We really do appreciate it.

I’ve made a request to have them change the wording to reflect that dual frequency is only supported on v2.

I think you meant V2. It's ok, I always have to reread everything before I post in order to make sure I'm writing the correct version. Writing all of this V1 and V2 stuff is kinda like I'm writing in binary code all the time..😂

Got it. Thanks for your input. We really do appreciate it.

I think you meant V2. It's ok, I always have to reread everything before I post in order to make sure I'm writing the correct version. Writing all of this V1 and V2 stuff is kinda like I'm writing in binary code all the time..😂
Yes, sorry. V2

I will correct it so it doesn’t cause more confusion. Thank you!

Reactions: GunnerBAC
I have my Evo 2 Pro V1 And already decided to buy a new Evo 2 Pro V2 and SC. As soon I have my new Evo V2 and SC, I’ll sell my Evo 2 Pro V1 although it has less than 3 hours of flight. So, if I want the get the new version, of course I need to spend more money and loose money selling my V1 (bought in January 2020). Anyway, this is a expensive hobby.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike
Paul

While 900Mhz will penetrate a little better than 2.4 it really doesn’t have the bandwidth after a certain distance to keep the downlink fluid without lag.

900Mhz is great for control or things like data radios but nothing like video, for a solid downlink 2.4 is the best tbh. Unfortunately it’s a congested band.
Thank you Blade,

Appreciate the information, I have noticed when using Auto once in a while it’ll shift to 900MHz at the beginning of flight. Then, Switch over to 2.4 as video feed starts to lag.

Indeed, 900Mhz has its place and SmartController will occasionally select this band usually at the beginning. 2.4 is best for long range, definitely better.

Thanks!

Thank you Blade,

Appreciate the information, I have noticed when using Auto once in a while it’ll shift to 900MHz at the beginning of flight. Then, Switch over to 2.4 as video feed starts to lag.

Indeed, 900Mhz has its place and SmartController will occasionally select this band usually at the beginning. 2.4 is best for long range, definitely better.

Thanks!
But if you’re seeing 900Mhz you app isn’t updated fully.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
But if you’re seeing 900Mhz you app isn’t updated fully.
I’m not sure what’s going on, just now turned on SC and Evo 2 to see what going on. Everything had (Already the latest version) installed. However, couldn’t get the 900MHz or Auto going only 2.4. That was using hotspot, turned off SC and Evo 2 off/on several times still no 900MHz or Auto.

Then, Turned off hotspot and back and forth on/off SC/Evo 2 and 900MHz and Auto are now available. Tomorrow or later this week, will fly with 900MHz and compare with 2.4. Currently, it’s in Auto and has selected 900MHz as the strongest band indoors.

im not the brightest with technology, so I’ll probably never understand what’s going on with the SC V1 Duel band. To me, it appears to be working off two bands.

DD7490DB-5FEF-4C38-81F0-44359D757456.jpeg9D064491-539D-4253-ACF7-5E723A6E27E6.jpeg212D66AA-120A-438F-8162-4C39B7476608.jpegBC0E08F0-259D-47E2-9EA2-4B7EF00C1A23.jpeg

That’s interesting. I have mine sitting right here , and don’t have those option on .41. Now if you reset the tablet, that version does allow you dual band.
Hello Blade Strike,

In regards to resetting, I just turned off both SC and Evo 2 then restarted both. From past SC experience, now if I leave it in Auto it’ll always stay in auto. However, to confirm this I’ll fly several flights this week different days.

Going forward, hopefully you and others can share your SC experiences.

All the best, good flying.

Hello Blade Strike,

In regards to resetting, I just turned off both SC and Evo 2 then restarted both. From past SC experience, now if I leave it in Auto it’ll always stay in auto. However, to confirm this I’ll fly several flights this week different days.

Going forward, hopefully you and others can share your SC experiences.

All the best, good flying.
I meant a factory reset. That brings everything back to default and that’s when you should see 900Mhz,2.4 and auto.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Just ordered my SC V2 and Evo 2 Pro V2 from @advexure and their website is advertising 1 to 2 weeks to delivery. So, let’s see 😎. (Although, I have been checking their website for more than a week and still saying 1 to 2 weeks 🤔)

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike
I'm bit of an addict, like yourself @edgardcafe and similarly I often can't justify a lot of my purchases.

But I have to take my hat off to you for this upgrade 🙇‍♂️
Yes, you are exactly right, but you know what ? It’s my only hobby and until when I can afford and enjoying it, I’ll keep spend for my happiness! 😎🤣✌️I work hard for it !

Yes, you are exactly right, but you know what ? It’s my only hobby and until when I can afford and enjoying it, I’ll keep spend for my happiness! 😎🤣✌️I work hard for it !
I hear ya. got hooked on drones long ago but too many other hobbies to get carried away. guns, motorcycles, travel....sometimes you gotta draw the line. :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays