Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II V2 Units are now available!

add to that , in CE countries we only have 2.4. No auto and no selectable between 900 and 2.4.
this is something that isnt made clear on any web site. Only power difference in each of FCC and CE, not missing frequencies.
I would love 900Mhz
If you only have 2.4, then you have exactly the same band choices we do in the U.S., as our 900 option is actually also 2.4GHZ, as is Auto! No public FW can access the 900 frequency band, and the app cannot use it either! Blade Strike just stated so.

If you only have 2.4, then you have exactly the same band choices we do in the U.S., as our 900 option is actually also 2.4GHZ, as is Auto! No public FW can access the 900 frequency band, and the app cannot use it either! Blade Strike just stated so.
Cant find where he just made that statement, but does not surprise me.

No it doesn't! There is no 5.8 GHz band to select in the app on the SC. The only options are Auto, 2.4, and 900, and Blade Strike has clearly stated that the 900 band cannot be accessed by the app or the public FW, so, effectively, the V1 SC only has a single 2.4 GHZ band available to the public, which is no better than the range of the stock EVO 2 controller.
now did you read what i typed down. it has a 5.8ghz wifi channel for the tablet to connect to the internet.

now did you read what i typed down. it has a 5.8ghz wifi channel for the tablet to connect to the internet.
Internet access on 5.8Ghz is available for the tablet, but 5.8Ghz is not available as a control frequency in the app for the drone. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your original post.

also we really dont need 5.8ghz band since its been proven that the SC will reach 25,000 ft distant. and i will bet you anything it is ablle to reach 40,000 ft distant one way.

also we really dont need 5.8ghz band since its been proven that the SC will reach 25,000 ft distant. and i will bet you anything it is ablle to reach 40,000 ft distant one way.
Exactly! One guy on YouTube even proved he made it to the moon and back using just the SC on 2.4GHz and the 40 minute battery! Simply amazing! I hear the SC V2 will even reach Mars! Can't wait! Randall promised to take care of us. He really delivers!

• Haha
Reactions: BradM75
Exactly! One guy on YouTube even proved he made it to the moon and back using just the SC on 2.4GHz and the 40 minute battery! Simply amazing! I hear the SC V2 will even reach Mars! Can't wait! Randall promised to take care of us. He really delivers!
well i really didnt make it back fell short LOL but the signal was still at 100%. only issue now is there isnt enough battery to make it back lol

Reactions: G_G
well i really didnt make it back fell short LOL but the signal was still at 100%. only issue now is there isnt enough battery to make it back lol
It should have recognized that it did not have enought battery to get back and started a return to home sooner. To me that is an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: G_G and BradM75

1. That may be true but the fact remains that it was advertised (and still is) as dual band with 5.8Ghz and people already spent $1300 believing it would have 5.8Ghz so that's false advertising.

2. I still would want both bands because the competition has both bands. Why do they have both bands? Well, everyone knows that 2.4Ghz goes farther than 5.8Ghz. But, the whole point of having two bands with automatic switching is to minimize loss of control and flyaways which is caused by interference. If there's interference on 2.4Ghz, it's supposed to automatically switch to 5.8Ghz in hopes that there is less interference on that band in order to maintain signal connection and continue safe flight operation.

Reactions: G_G
...our 900 option is actually also 2.4GHZ, as is Auto! No public FW can access the 900 frequency band, and the app cannot use it either! Blade Strike just stated so.

...and then disabled the 900Mhz frequency on all units!

...effectively, the V1 SC only has a single 2.4 GHZ band available to the public, which is no better than the range of the stock EVO 2 controller.

Some US users are still able to access 900. But your main point is correct - eventually, it will be removed.

But it's incorrect to assume that the standard controller and smart controller will perform the same as each other based solely on their use of 2.4. The SC's antennas are different, as are its internals. You mentioned 3rd party antenna/controller mods - same idea.

I understand you haven't personally experienced signal improvement with the SC, but others have (and that doesn't appear to be dependent on 900, as many don't have it). It would be nice to see someone do a somewhat controlled A/B test so that everyone can see for themselves whether or not there's any improvement. A waypoint mission (flown with the standard RC and again with the SC), in consistent conditions, using 2.4, would make this easy.

Last edited:
Some US users are still able to access 900. But your main point is correct - eventually, it will be removed.

But it's incorrect to assume that the standard controller and smart controller will perform the same as each other based solely on their use of 2.4. The SC's antennas are different, as are its internals. You mentioned 3rd party antenna/controller mods - same idea.

I understand you haven't personally experienced signal improvement with the SC, but others have (and that doesn't appear to be dependent on 900, as many don't have it). It would be nice to see someone do a somewhat controlled A/B test so that everyone can see for themselves whether or not there's any improvement. A waypoint mission (flown with the standard RC and again with the SC), in consistent conditions, using 2.4, would make this easy.
To be clear, I wasn't assuming the SC and the stock controller would be the same just because they apparently both can only use 2.4 on public FW. Quite the contrary. I naively assumed the SC would be significantly better because it advertises 8 miles in hightly congested urban settings, while the stock controller only advertises 5 miles. However, what I personally found was no measurable difference between them, and both crapped out at less than 2 miles and 1 mile was even sketchy, despite the fact that OcuSync is solid out to 5+ miles in the exact same area. Hopefully, the Alientech Pro mod to the stock EVO 2 RC will solve the problem for me.

When you say some US users are able to access 900, it was available for me to select as well. Is that what you meant, as true access to it would mean that it can, in fact, be used on public FW, but Blade Strike is telling us that isn't possible to do. I interpreted his statement to mean that even though it appears and is selectable, it still can't be used, and it is really still using 2.4, regardless of which of the 3 settings you choose among Auto, 2.4 and 900.

Reactions: GunnerBAC
To be clear, I wasn't assuming the SC and the stock controller would be the same just because they apparently both can only use 2.4 on public FW. Quite the contrary. I naively assumed the SC would be significantly better because it advertises 8 miles in hightly congested urban settings, while the stock controller only advertises 5 miles. However, what I personally found was no measurable difference between them, and both crapped out at less than 2 miles and 1 mile was even sketchy, despite the fact that OcuSync is solid out to 5+ miles in the exact same area. Hopefully, the Alientech Pro mod to the stock EVO 2 RC will solve the problem for me.
My comment: "it's incorrect to assume that the standard controller and smart controller will perform the same as each other based solely on their use of 2.4" was in reply to you saying: "effectively, the V1 SC only has a single 2.4 GHZ band available to the public, which is no better than the range of the stock EVO 2 controller."

Taken at face value, your comment reads like you're saying the V1 SC can't have an improved signal purely based on the fact it works on 2.4 like the standard controller. Of course there is an expectation, based on build and Autel's marketing, that the SC will outperform the standard controller. If you've found otherwise, I would encourage you to consider uploading your flight logs so that we can all see for ourselves what you experienced.

If you read back to my earliest posts here, you'll see that I'm very critical of the Evo II's signal performance relative to the expectations Autel and their dealers set and relative to Ocusync 2. I've similarly been looking at the SC, as well as the V2 updates in hopes they'll address the poor signal performance/reliability I've experienced. You had the SC in hand and with that, a rare opportunity to document and share your findings. You have real world experience that can help a lot of us make more informed decisions.

Last edited:
When you say some US users are able to access 900, it was available for me to select as well. Is that what you meant, as true access to it would mean that it can, in fact, be used on public FW, but Blade Strike is telling us that isn't possible to do. I interpreted his statement to mean that even though it appears and is selectable, it still can't be used, and it is really still using 2.4, regardless of which of the 3 settings you choose among Auto, 2.4 and 900.

Negative. At some point, 900 will no longer be accessible (due to firmware and app updates that will remove access). For some, that's already the case. For others, they still have true 900. Just depends on which versions they're running.

Last edited:
My comment: "it's incorrect to assume that the standard controller and smart controller will perform the same as each other based solely on their use of 2.4" was a direct reply to you saying: "effectively, the V1 SC only has a single 2.4 GHZ band available to the public, which is no better than the range of the stock EVO 2 controller."

Taken at face value, your comment reads like you're saying the V1 SC can't have an improved signal purely based on the fact it works on 2.4 like the standard controller. Of course there is an expectation, based on build and Autel's marketing, that the SC will outperform the standard controller. If you've found otherwise, I would encourage you to consider uploading your flight logs so that we can all see for ourselves what you experienced.

If you read back to my earliest posts here, you'll see that I'm very critical of the Evo II's signal performance relative to the expectations Autel and their dealers set and relative to Ocusync 2. I've similarly been looking at the SC, as well as the V2 updates in hopes they'll address the poor signal performance/reliability I've experienced. You had the SC in hand and with that, a rare opportunity to document and share your findings. You have real world experience that can help a lot of us make more informed decisions.
Please forgive me, I don’t clearly understand if Evo SC V1 does work correctly when using 900GHz reading yours and other’s reviews. I was one of the first to receive the Autel SC V1, have compared both 2.4 and 900GHz. I can honestly see a difference, 900GHz will work well but at a certain distance feed starts to lag. At that moment, will switch to 2.4Ghz and instantly screen feed clears up with no hint of lag.

Isn’t that a sign 900GHz is working? Plus, maybe the SC V1 antennas are not really made for 900GHz? I know this has nothing to do with our discussion, just tossed this in maybe someone can test this out using 900GHz antennas when using 900GHz band.

But in regard to seeing a difference between 2.4 and 900GHz, I sure do see a difference.

Thank you,
Paul

Reactions: SARty
With current public system updates, firmware and app, you won’t even be able to select it.

Negative. At some point, 900 will no longer be accessible (due to firmware and app updates that will remove access). For some, that's already the case. For others, they still have true 900. Just depends on which versions they're running.

This shows they have either a system, app and or firmware mismatch. Yes we have some users showing videos of theirs but more than likely they haven’t done any updates on the system and or app. A lot of people forget that you update the app via the update inside the app.

Please forgive me, I don’t clearly understand if Evo SC V1 does work correctly when using 900GHz reading yours and other’s reviews. I was one of the first to receive the Autel SC V1, have compared both 2.4 and 900GHz. I can honestly see a difference, 900GHz will work well but at a certain distance feed starts to lag. At that moment, will switch to 2.4Ghz and instantly screen feed clears up with no hint of lag.

Isn’t that a sign 900GHz is working? Plus, maybe the SC V1 antennas are not really made for 900GHz? I know this has nothing to do with our discussion, just tossed this in maybe someone can test this out using 900GHz antennas when using 900GHz band.

But in regard to seeing a difference between 2.4 and 900GHz, I sure do see a difference.

Thank you,
Paul
Paul

While 900Mhz will penetrate a little better than 2.4 it really doesn’t have the bandwidth after a certain distance to keep the downlink fluid without lag.

900Mhz is great for control or things like data radios but nothing like video, for a solid downlink 2.4 is the best tbh. Unfortunately it’s a congested band.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials