Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II V2 Units are now available!

advexure

Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
EVO II V2 units will begin shipping from Advexure next week and are now available online. Be sure to select "V2" when ordering. Advexure will continue to offer and maintain plentiful stock of V1 systems for as long as we can to be able to support our partners who are looking to add additional craft or make fleet expansions within their existing V1 ecosystems, and also for maintenance, service, loaner and rental needs.

Below are links to where you will find the "V2" option for the respective EVO II model options:​

*Made in the USA with foreign and domestic parts and labor

V2 Smart Controllers are also slated to begin shipping within the next week or two. Now available for pre-order!​

A few things to note:​

• All V2 unit pricing is the same as previous V1 unit pricing.
  • All kit configurations remain the same.
  • V2 aircraft will be clearly identified with a "V2" marking.
  • V1 Smart Controllers are not compatible with V2 airframes and vice versa.
  • There is not currently a Live Deck V2. They may not be a Live Deck V2 as a potential new solution may be introduced.
Read more about the V1/V2 version announcement here: Autel Robotics EVO II Version 2 Announcement

Should you have any questions, our team is here to help by any of the means of communication listed below:
  • Call us at (424) 317-4450
  • Live chat at Advexure.com
  • Email at [email protected]
  • Direct message here on the forum

Fly safe, all.

The Advexure Team
www.advexure.com

Sent this email to Randall about a week ago but haven't gotten a response. I'm not gonna buy until I get these answers. Can anybody help me out?

"Hi Randall,

I was hoping you could provide some clarification for me.

1. Are the smart controller and Evo II (together) going to be dual-band or tri-band?

I'm asking because people are saying they see a 900Mhz option on the smart controller V1 but no 5.8Ghz option that was advertised. But, I'm hearing that the smart controller V2 is supposed to have the 5.8Ghz option.

2. Are the smart controller V1 and smart controller V2 going to be using different bands?

3. Without the smart controller (just the standard controller), will the Evo II V2 support dual-band or tri-band at all?"

Reactions: G_G and SARty
Sent this email to Randall about a week ago but haven't gotten a response. I'm not gonna buy until I get these answers. Can anybody help me out?

"Hi Randall,

1. Are the smart controller and Evo II (together) going to be dual-band or tri-band?

I'm asking because people are saying they see a 900Mhz option on the smart controller V1 but no 5.8Ghz option that was advertised. But, I'm hearing that the smart controller V2 is supposed to have the 5.8Ghz option.

2. Are the smart controller V1 and smart controller V2 going to be using different bands?

3. Without the smart controller (just the standard controller), will the Evo II V2 support dual-band or tri-band at all?"
All good questions. I will raise them to our team and post back as soon as we have confirmation.

Great news @advexure !

Are the v2 Smart Controllers marked with "v2" on the front too?
Have not yet seen or been made aware of any marking that the V2 Smart Controller. Would sure hope it has something!

Reactions: G_G and PingSpike

"Hi Randall,

In the states its Dual Band

Attachments

• freeee.jpg
    freeee.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 27

Well, that answers a small part of it regarding the smart controller in general but we still don't know if that's regarding the SC V1, the SC V2, or both smart controllers.

We also saw it advertised that the smart controller would include 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz way before any of this V2 stuff happened. Yet, nobody seems to have 5.8Ghz on their SC V1 so we're trying to figure out wtf is happening..

Why doesn't the SC V1 have 5.8Ghz?
Does that mean the Evo II V1 doesn't support 5.8Ghz?
Will the Evo II V2 and SC V2 support 5.8Ghz?
If the Evo II V2 supports 5.8Ghz, will the stock controller support 5.8Ghz?

Lastly, what it's starting to look like to me is that Autel knew this V2 fiasco was going to be happening quite a bit in advance. So, they advertised the smart controller as having 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz which looks like they were predicting the V2 release because the V1 SC doesn't have 5.8Ghz..

This means that they were trying to cash in on all of the V1 stuff that they had already invested in and manufactured KNOWING that it was already OBSOLETE. And the fact that they're trying to dodge questions and skate by without giving any kind of information sort of confirms my theory...

What do you guys think?

Reactions: G_G
Well, that answers a small part of it regarding the smart controller in general but we still don't know if that's regarding the SC V1, the SC V2, or both smart controllers.

We also saw it advertised that the smart controller would include 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz way before any of this V2 stuff happened. Yet, nobody seems to have 5.8Ghz on their SC V1 so we're trying to figure out wtf is happening..

Why doesn't the SC V1 have 5.8Ghz?
Does that mean the Evo II V1 doesn't support 5.8Ghz?
Will the Evo II V2 and SC V2 support 5.8Ghz?
If the Evo II V2 supports 5.8Ghz, will the stock controller support 5.8Ghz?

Lastly, what it's starting to look like to me is that Autel knew this V2 fiasco was going to be happening quite a bit in advance. So, they advertised the smart controller as having 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz which looks like they were predicting the V2 release because the V1 SC doesn't have 5.8Ghz..

This means that they were trying to cash in on all of the V1 stuff that they had already invested in and manufactured KNOWING that it was already OBSOLETE. And the fact that they're trying to dodge questions and skate by without giving any kind of information sort of confirms my theory...

What do you guys think?
The V1 Sc does have 5.8ghz and its for the Wifi
So in reality it is Dual band

Have Autel indicated any upgrade path for a v1 to a v2 with distributors such as yourselves @advexure ?

I suspect this might be something they'd handle direct, but on the off chance they let you guys know, please do pass on the information :)
Unfortunately we do not have any updates on this currently. You can certainly expect an update here on the forum when additional information is made available.

"Hi Randall,

This is dated 5/26/21, i think read somewhere after this date V2 SC will have three bands (2.4/5.8/900Mhz).

V1 SC does have two bands, 2.4 and 900Mhz. For long range, prefer 2.4. Maybe others will chime in, and confirm they too read somewhere V2 SC will have three bands.

Reactions: G_G
This is dated 5/26/21, i think read somewhere after this date V2 SC will have three bands (2.4/5.8/900Mhz).

V1 SC does have two bands, 2.4 and 900Mhz. For long range, prefer 2.4. Maybe others will chime in, and confirm they too read somewhere V2 SC will have three bands.

Here is my dilemma with that:

The Autel website currently says "dual band" on the smart controller's web page. I am 110% certain it used to say 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz before the V2 fiasco was announced and now it doesn't mention any specific bands whatsoever.

Here is the screenshot to show you what I mean:

Screenshot_20210723-165745_Chrome.jpg

Also, here is the link to the web page:

Last edited:
Here is my dilemma with that:

The Autel website currently says "dual band" on the smart controller's web page. I am 110% certain it used to say 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz before the V2 fiasco was announced and now it doesn't mention any specific bands whatsoever.

I'm attaching a screenshot to show you what I mean. Also, here is the link to the web page:

Hello Gunner,

You‘re correct, I too remember reading V1 would have 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz bands. Then, I heard/read it would be only 2.4Ghz. Then, We found out it still would be 2 bands only instead of 5.8Ghz the second would be 900GHz. Honestly, I’m okay with having 900GHz instead of 5.8Ghz as the second band option. Even better, we can select Auto and let the SC select select the strongest band for us.

The V2 model strongly points to having three bands, (2.4/5.8/900GHz). And I stronger believe it will have these three bands.

Still, SC V1 is a remarkable piece of equipment even with its issues. Used mine today, can’t ever see myself going back to the stock controller.

Happy flying,

39B02CED-BBC3-4437-B75E-528B274A764D.jpeg

Hello Gunner,

You‘re correct, I too remember reading V1 would have 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz bands. Then, I heard/read it would be only 2.4Ghz. Then, We found out it still would be 2 bands only instead of 5.8Ghz the second would be 900GHz. Honestly, I’m okay with having 900GHz instead of 5.8Ghz as the second band option. Even better, we can select Auto and let the SC select select the strongest band for us.

The V2 model strongly points to having three bands, (2.4/5.8/900GHz). And I stronger believe it will have these three bands.

Still, SC V1 is a remarkable piece of equipment even with its issues. Used mine today, can’t ever see myself going back to the stock controller.

Happy flying,

View attachment 11118

I'm glad you're happy with it and I don't really care if it's 5.8Ghz or 900Mhz either unless there is a huge performance difference. I would love it if it was tri band! But, I've been hearing all over the place that 900Mhz is supposed to be for some foreign countries. Has anyone actually heard Autel say that 900Mhz will be used in the USA?

But again, my biggest problem is with all of the mixed messages and cryptic crap.

Autel, just tell us what your products do and stop changing things every 5 seconds!

add to that , in CE countries we only have 2.4. No auto and no selectable between 900 and 2.4.
this is something that isnt made clear on any web site. Only power difference in each of FCC and CE, not missing frequencies.
I would love 900Mhz

Well, forget the 900 for Europe. This frequency is assigned to GSM until 2030 when the end of life of the GSM is expected. If you want your drone to end up on the mat quickly enough, I would avoid it.
On the other hand, Europe plans to release a frequency in order to release a little 2.4 which sooner or later will reach saturation by a frequency assigned in the, guess ?. ... 800 MHz band. Of course against the tide and to do otherwise than the USA. So the American radios in the frequencies of the 900s, we can forget.

Is there going to be a trade up program for v1 to v2? I’m interested in buying a smart controller, but not a v1 with no future. So I want to change to the v2 system before investing in the SC.

Reactions: davery87
There, I do not believe too much ..... Question of $$$. dollar-gif-002.gif
Maybe a little discount, but no exchange.
I have never seen a company work at a loss. Those who wanted to give too many gifts have long since gone out of business.

Last edited:
The V1 Sc does have 5.8ghz and its for the Wifi
So in reality it is Dual band
No it doesn't! There is no 5.8 GHz band to select in the app on the SC. The only options are Auto, 2.4, and 900, and Blade Strike has clearly stated that the 900 band cannot be accessed by the app or the public FW, so, effectively, the V1 SC only has a single 2.4 GHZ band available to the public, which is no better than the range of the stock EVO 2 controller.

Smart Controller from Autelpilot

Post #51

"While the AC and SC can operate on 900, public firmware and app will not run on this frequency."

Last edited:
Hello Gunner,

Happy flying,

View attachment 11118
Blade Strike has already clearly stated that, while the V1 SC and the V1 EVO 2 aircraft are capable of 900 MHz, the 900 band CANNOT be used by any public FW or the app, so selecting Auto is exactly the same as selecting 2.4 GHz, as is selecting 900. They all are 2.4 GHz, just like the stock controller, which is why the range is exactly the same, too!

Smart Controller from Autelpilot

Post #51

"While the AC and SC can operate on 900, public firmware and app will not run on this frequency."

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GunnerBAC

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials