Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Evo II Pro would not format SD cards

rcol

Reaction score
This afternoon, during our third test flight, we attempted to use existing micro SD cards (32gb samsung) and tried to reformat two separate cards.
They would not successfully format. Lucky we had a spare 16GB card, and this one formatted.
Otherwise we would have driven out 50 miles for nothing.

Anyone else had this experience?
Who do we contact to report this problem.

-- rick

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of SD card were you trying to use? Not all cards are the same.

Tufargon

Reaction score
You could also try formatting it in a phone/tablet. Would be a shame if you thought you needed a pc and drove all that way. As HiloHawaiian pointed out, Autel told me the same thing and I've always done it that way and it has never failed.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Micander

Reaction score
You could also try formatting it in a phone/tablet
Don't. Android doesn't support formatting exfat and you don't want to format fat32. Perhaps IOS can do it, but i wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: Tufargon

Tufargon

Reaction score
Don't. Android doesn't support formatting exfat and you don't want to format fat32. Perhaps IOS can do it, but i wouldn't count on it.
I did not know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Just thought it might be an option.

Tufargon

Reaction score
Ok, since you said that, it got me interested to find out. It seems ever since KitKat If it's a sdxc card it will automatically be formatted as exfat. There are also apps on the playstore that can do it.

Micander

Reaction score
Ok, since you said that, it got me interested to find out. It seems ever since KitKat If it's a sdxc card it will automatically be formatted as exfat. There are also apps on the playstore that can do it.
It can mount and read exfat since KitKat, but to format you need third party tools.

Reactions: Tufargon

Quad808

Reaction score
I had no idea bout this. So, format in exfat on PC....I plan on using 128G and 256G cards in the Evo II.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrBurns666