Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro MP4 footage won't load into Premiere Rush

jkshaw345

Reaction score
Hi there, I have an Evo II Pro and I am unable to import MP4 media direct from the Drone into Premier Rush. I get the error "file has unsupported compression type"

I have looked at multiple threads and youtube videos with not luck (such as changing to mts/avi extensions etc).

Footage imports into Da Vinci Resolve fine

Hi there, I have an Evo II Pro and I am unable to import MP4 media direct from the Drone into Premier Rush. I get the error "file has unsupported compression type"

I have looked at multiple threads and youtube videos with not luck (such as changing to mts/avi extensions etc).

Footage imports into Da Vinci Resolve fine
Install ver 1.5.54 from Premiere Rush.
Newest versions have a known bug with H265, seems that not even Adobe support is able to find out what is going on.
Before installation of 1.5.54, install HEVC codec, search a little on net and you will find the free version, not the one taking money from Microsoft.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Newest versions have a known bug with H265, seems that not even Adobe support is able to find out what is going on.
Before installation of 1.5.54, install HEVC codec, search a little on net and you will find the free version, not the one taking money from Microsoft.
Thanks so much for the tips. Will do that. So you recommend running H264 setting on the drone? MP4 or MOV?

Thanks so much for the tips. Will do that. So you recommend running H264 setting on the drone? MP4 or MOV?
No, we work always with H265 MP4. In 4K you can see the difference in quality of encoding between H264 and H265, when you zoom in post is visible that H265 have more quality.
For editing we convert in DNX format lossless that is like ProRes, very fast in editing with best quality. (will eat your space on disk, we use very fast 2Tb SSD's for each editing, then we save the reconverted final movie back to MP4 H265 10 bit.)
Cheers.

Thought you might know, I am thinking about upgrading to premiere pro, as rush doesn't have enough editing flexibility for me.

Do you have knowledge of premier pro and importing files from the Evo II? Is it the same issue around loading like Rush? I will still use 4k H265 MP4

Thought you might know, I am thinking about upgrading to premiere pro, as rush doesn't have enough editing flexibility for me.

Do you have knowledge of premier pro and importing files from the Evo II? Is it the same issue around loading like Rush? I will still use 4k H265 MP4
Premiere Pro works without problems with H265, 4K and even 6K.
Only Rush have issues.

Premiere Pro works without problems with H265, 4K and even 6K.
Only Rush have issues.
I am having problems with the files saying that it has an unsupported compression type. Note these files imported fine into Rush version 1.5.54.

They are 4k H265 MP4 files.

1651045059385.png

I am having problems with the files saying that it has an unsupported compression type. Note these files imported fine into Rush version 1.5.54.

View attachment 13854
Have you installed the H265 codec?
Don't buy it, you can find it on internet for free, Microsoft is a scammer trying to take you some money for a free codec.
Install it, then restart Premiere Pro.

View attachment 13854
PS. If you have that files from Nano+ drone, some editions did not closed the file properly and the header of MP4 was screwed.
In this case, you need to reencode the file with any free utility you find... Ffmpeg or just open it in DaVinci and reencode it.
This applies only to Nano footage in some cases as I have tested it.

PS. If you have that files from Nano+ drone, some editions did not closed the file properly and the header of MP4 was screwed.
In this case, you need to reencode the file with any free utility you find... Ffmpeg or just open it in DaVinci and reencode it.
This applies only to Nano footage in some cases as I have tested it.
Hey, still having problems. I have installed (I think) multiple different HVEC codecs and still no luck. I have an EVO Pro 2.

I am wondering if the setting in the files are wrong from the drone and won't load into PP. From what I can tell these are 4k H265 MP4 files.

Pretty frustrating if I am honest, your help has been great, but after paying >$3k for a drone, it shouldn't be this hard, shouldn't be having to re-encode and all that sort of thing either.

Also really disappointing because I have some great footage I can't edit now because I can't get it into PP.

I have also tried getting the files into PP on a mates Mac and no luck either.

What to do next? Hit up Adobe?

Hey, still having problems. I have installed (I think) multiple different HVEC codecs and still no luck. I have an EVO Pro 2.

I am wondering if the setting in the files are wrong from the drone and won't load into PP. From what I can tell these are 4k H265 MP4 files.

Pretty frustrating if I am honest, your help has been great, but after paying >$3k for a drone, it shouldn't be this hard, shouldn't be having to re-encode and all that sort of thing either.

Also really disappointing because I have some great footage I can't edit now because I can't get it into PP.

I have also tried getting the files into PP on a mates Mac and no luck either.

What to do next? Hit up Adobe?
I have Premiere pro and I use only H265.
Windows platform.
What system do you have?
Video card...?

My files currently are saved as MOV files from my EVO II Pro V2 and Davinci Resolve 17 and it would not read the file. I purchased EASEFab (less than $50) and it processed the files so that DaVinci can process the file. I can not test anymore because I had the bottom and right side sensor failure and the drone is on the way to Autel for repair. The still shots are great and as a RAW photographer and non video one, I am on the beginning side of the movie learning curve.

My files currently are saved as MOV files from my EVO II Pro V2 and Davinci Resolve 17 and it would not read the file. I purchased EASEFab (less than $50) and it processed the files so that DaVinci can process the file. I can not test anymore because I had the bottom and right side sensor failure and the drone is on the way to Autel for repair. The still shots are great and as a RAW photographer and non video one, I am on the beginning side of the movie learning curve.
Check your SD card.
Around 90% of issues comes from slow card that is not writing properly or closes the video without headers.
Video is there, but without headers you need ffmpeg in order to repair it.
So... 1st thing to do: take a V60 card, will eliminate the potential card slow problem.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone