Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Focusing??

jafemu1

Reaction score
In all of the videos I’ve watched about EVO camera settings, I’ve never seen a discussion about focusing the EVO for video and photos. Is it all autofocus? ( There are dozens of videos about DJI Mavics having annoying procedures and rituals to focus! ) Don’t know if it’s true, but I am just learning to fly the EVO and haven’t really concentrated on filming much yet.

In all of the videos I’ve watched about EVO camera settings, I’ve never seen a discussion about focusing the EVO for video and photos. Is it all autofocus? ( There are dozens of videos about DJI Mavics having annoying procedures and rituals to focus! ) Don’t know if it’s true, but I am just learning to fly the EVO and haven’t really concentrated on filming much yet.

Seems like I've read that about the mavic or maybe it was a YouTube video I seen while I was deciding on a drone. There's no setting or adjustment that I'm aware of that has to do with focus on an Evo, neither have I had a problem with such.
I'm about like you with the filming though. I'm learning little by little. I run my cameras in the auto setting but you can get better results in manual if you know what you're doing with it. At this time, I do not have enough knowledge in the camera department to operate it in manual yet, But I'm working on it.
There's a lot about camera filters for drones on YouTube also.

Reactions: jafemu1
Seems like I've read that about the mavic or maybe it was a YouTube video I seen while I was deciding on a drone. There's no setting or adjustment that I'm aware of that has to do with focus on an Evo, neither have I had a problem with such.
I'm about like you with the filming though. I'm learning little by little. I run my cameras in the auto setting but you can get better results in manual if you know what you're doing with it. At this time, I do not have enough knowledge in the camera department to operate it in manual yet, But I'm working on it.
There's a lot about camera filters for drones on YouTube also.

One thing I do is I tap the screen on whatever the "focus" of my shot is. I don't believe this changes focus, but changes exposure.

Reactions: lubhunt and jafemu1
One thing I do is I tap the screen on whatever the "focus" of my shot is. I don't believe this changes focus, but changes exposure.

That's right. It took me a couple of flights to figure that out. It's called "Shutter Speed" in the camera settings but its the same thing.

EVO has a fixed focus lens, nothing you do will modify the focus, it is designed for hyper focus.

Then despite his obvious raving about how great it looked because he was obviously reimbursed to say it, the focus here is HORRIBLY OOF. What gives?

might have gotten an uncalibrated lens, OR, might have had issues when uploading the video, that's happened to me. When you have fixed focus lenses, sometimes they are not quite there from factory, there were some issues with Yuneec's 4K camera and sometimes they had to go back to be corrected.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I rushed through the video, but to me it looks like 1080P. I wonder if he either messed it up when exporting, or if Youtube hosed it somehow. Odd...

LP

nooooo not YouTube
Yeah...I'm thinking not Youtube because the Mavic footage is fine. I'm wondering if he messed up the editing somehow and the Evo clips were 1080P. It just seems to 'evenly soft' to be a lens anomaly to me, but who knows.

LP

Yeah...I'm thinking not Youtube because the Mavic footage is fine. I'm wondering if he messed up the editing somehow and the Evo clips were 1080P. It just seems to 'evenly soft' to be a lens anomaly to me, but who knows.

LP
I've had YT crush my videos to death, to the point they look out of focus or full of artifacts, si I wouldn't put it past that, also sometimes when uploading if your connection slows down the result is less than perfect. However in all fairness to the poster and even the Air, seems to me the Air footage was pretty much focused though it didn't have that typical DJI over sharp look, things that make you go hhhhmmmm

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy