Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

EVO Focusing??

jafemu1

Reaction score
In all of the videos I’ve watched about EVO camera settings, I’ve never seen a discussion about focusing the EVO for video and photos. Is it all autofocus? ( There are dozens of videos about DJI Mavics having annoying procedures and rituals to focus! ) Don’t know if it’s true, but I am just learning to fly the EVO and haven’t really concentrated on filming much yet.

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
In all of the videos I’ve watched about EVO camera settings, I’ve never seen a discussion about focusing the EVO for video and photos. Is it all autofocus? ( There are dozens of videos about DJI Mavics having annoying procedures and rituals to focus! ) Don’t know if it’s true, but I am just learning to fly the EVO and haven’t really concentrated on filming much yet.
Seems like I've read that about the mavic or maybe it was a YouTube video I seen while I was deciding on a drone. There's no setting or adjustment that I'm aware of that has to do with focus on an Evo, neither have I had a problem with such.
I'm about like you with the filming though. I'm learning little by little. I run my cameras in the auto setting but you can get better results in manual if you know what you're doing with it. At this time, I do not have enough knowledge in the camera department to operate it in manual yet, But I'm working on it.
There's a lot about camera filters for drones on YouTube also.

Reactions: jafemu1

mjbok

Reaction score
Seems like I've read that about the mavic or maybe it was a YouTube video I seen while I was deciding on a drone. There's no setting or adjustment that I'm aware of that has to do with focus on an Evo, neither have I had a problem with such.
I'm about like you with the filming though. I'm learning little by little. I run my cameras in the auto setting but you can get better results in manual if you know what you're doing with it. At this time, I do not have enough knowledge in the camera department to operate it in manual yet, But I'm working on it.
There's a lot about camera filters for drones on YouTube also.
One thing I do is I tap the screen on whatever the "focus" of my shot is. I don't believe this changes focus, but changes exposure.

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
One thing I do is I tap the screen on whatever the "focus" of my shot is. I don't believe this changes focus, but changes exposure.
That's right. It took me a couple of flights to figure that out. It's called "Shutter Speed" in the camera settings but its the same thing.

mixchief

Reaction score
EVO has a fixed focus lens, nothing you do will modify the focus, it is designed for hyper focus.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcspill