Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Trying to decide on Evo Dual 640t V3 of Mavic 3t?

Bowhunter58

Reaction score
Need help!

Trying to decide between Evo Dual 640t V3 or the Mavic 3t. The price point being the main deciding factor for me at this time. With the Black Friday Sales I can get the Autel with all accessories for $5200.00 where the DJI would be around $7200.00.

I have always owned DJI drones but have watched comparisons videos on YouTube and like what I see with the 640t V3.

One question about the the Autel is can you drop a pin while in flight like you can with the Mavic to be able to mark an object or location you want to return to later?

I want to hear from people who actually own or who fly the 640t V3 to see if you are happy with this drone.

Maybe pros and cons in your eyes.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Last edited:
Watching this thread too as I just purchased the v2 640T. The next time I fly I will look for that feature - mind you mine is the v2, not the v3 but I would think that is more the controller app than the drone?

I will say this about my new experience with Autel, also coming from primarily DJI products and that is this: The Autel hardware (drone, controller etc) seem very good. The T640 Thermal camera is excellent. What lacks, or rather takes getting used to is many of the frequently accessed settings are in a menu form, sometimes a sub-menu so navigating to specific settings takes some getting used to. YouTube and a lot of poking around with the menus is taking me a bit of adjustment coming from DJI.

My reasons for jumping on the v2 T640 vs the v3 (or even the DJI3T) was specifically the price - at $3700 for a thermal drone with this quality of camera I don't think can be beat. The three frequency communication on the v3 is very interesting (2.4, 5.8 and 900). The 900Mhz could come in handy is certain areas with crowded RF.

Not trying to sell you either way, just my experience so far.

You might also post this on the Evo Duo specific area.

Reactions: Bowhunter58
Go with Mavik. I have a 640t with carbon arms. Autel will not sell the carbon arms to dealers. If you need an arm replaced it will cost you 500 dollars plus for what should be a 200 dollar repair. When you call Washingtons location the person on the phone first says" your dealer can buy the arms" then she says "for warranty it has to come to us." well my repair then isnt warranty, and they will not ship the arm to my dealer. So to insure my drone in shipment was 150 with UPS. My dealer estimates 250 for repair. Then it was shipped to autel at autel request. Now I am told 657.00 for repair plus shipping. But they say autel charges more for hourly rate for repairs. DONT BUY AN AUTEL. Oh and this drone is one month since purchased. And it needed one sensor changed. Expensive sensor.

Go with Mavik. I have a 640t with carbon arms. Autel will not sell the carbon arms to dealers. If you need an arm replaced it will cost you 500 dollars plus for what should be a 200 dollar repair. When you call Washingtons location the person on the phone first says" your dealer can buy the arms" then she says "for warranty it has to come to us." well my repair then isnt warranty, and they will not ship the arm to my dealer. So to insure my drone in shipment was 150 with UPS. My dealer estimates 250 for repair. Then it was shipped to autel at autel request. Now I am told 657.00 for repair plus shipping. But they say autel charges more for hourly rate for repairs. DONT BUY AN AUTEL. Oh and this drone is one month since purchased. And it needed one sensor changed. Expensive sensor.
Thank your response.

Got updated invoice for my repair. 399.00 Paid and getting my repair completed. But all parts should be available to the dealers. Much better service if we get to use the people we know and rely on.

Right now, I would not buy an Autel v3 or Max 4T. I would rather buy Autel over DJI for reasons. But Autel's failure to make a complete functioning product with the V3 or Max is disappointing and a non-starter for me.

Right now, I would not buy an Autel v3 or Max 4T. I would rather buy Autel over DJI for reasons. But Autel's failure to make a complete functioning product with the V3 or Max is disappointing and a non-starter for me.
I agree. I spoke last night with Autel customer service. Basically informed them that all parts need to be available to dealers and the ability to do all repairs including warranty. Why should we pay higher rates with the drone maker when our dealer base is at times a better rate on repair work and just as capable. Until then I will purchase unfortunately other products.

Ich schaue mir diesen Thread auch an, da ich gerade die Version 2 640T gekauft habe. Wenn ich das nächste Mal fliege, werde ich nach dieser Funktion suchen – wohlgemerkt, meine ist die Version 2, nicht die Version 3, aber ich denke, das ist eher die Controller-App als die Drohne?

Ich möchte dies über meine neuen Erfahrungen mit Autel sagen, die ebenfalls hauptsächlich mit DJI-Produkten gemacht wurden: Die Autel-Hardware (Drohne, Controller usw.) scheint sehr gut zu sein. Die Wärmebildkamera T640 ist ausgezeichnet. Was fehlt bzw. gewöhnungsbedürftig ist, ist, dass viele der häufig aufgerufenen Einstellungen in Menüform vorliegen, manchmal auch als Untermenü, sodass die Navigation zu bestimmten Einstellungen etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig ist. YouTube und viel Herumstöbern in den Menüs erfordern bei mir von DJI eine gewisse Umgewöhnung.

Mein Grund, mich für die Version 2 T640 gegenüber der Version 3 (oder sogar der DJI3T) zu entscheiden, war insbesondere der Preis – 3.700 US-Dollar für eine Wärmebilddrohne mit dieser Kameraqualität sind meiner Meinung nach unschlagbar. Sehr interessant ist die Drei-Frequenz-Kommunikation beim v3 (2,4, 5,8 und 900). Die 900-MHz-Frequenz könnte sich in bestimmten Gebieten mit überfülltem HF-Bereich als nützlich erweisen.

Ich versuche nicht, Sie so oder so zu verkaufen, sondern nur meine bisherige Erfahrung.

Sie können dies auch im Evo Duo-spezifischen Bereich posten.
H, ich habe mir eine evo2 dual v2 gebraucht gekauft, 8 Monate alt. Die Akkus lassen sich sehr schwer entfernen, sie klemmen. Ist das bei dir auch so? Danke, Gruß Sigi

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo