Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Explorer App Users--It is now officially released! Boat Mode & Mission Planning feature v1

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Thank you for participating in the Android & iOS beta app testing.
The Android Explorer app V1.0.1.33 and iOS Explorer app V1.0.87 are now officially released!

Comparing to the previous official versions, the changes on both Android and iOS include:

-Added Boat Mode**
-Added Mission Planning feature v1
**The current beta firmware V1.4.9 is required to use this feature
The next step we will officially release the beta firmware V1.4.9 in a few days and enable the OTA update option.
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support!
Born to explore!

I have used the mission app various times and I don't have the beta firmware installed. Unless Autel installed it while it was at their shop.
Congrats in getting the title of moderator!

Reactions: Ansia
P
I have used the mission app various times and I don't have the beta firmware installed. Unless Autel installed it while it was at their shop.

Looks like it is only Boat Mode that will need the new firmware if I’m reading those notes correctly.

Thank you for participating in the Android & iOS beta app testing.
The Android Explorer app V1.0.1.33 and iOS Explorer app V1.0.87 are now officially released!

Comparing to the previous official versions, the changes on both Android and iOS include:

-Added Boat Mode**
-Added Mission Planning feature v1
**The current beta firmware V1.4.9 is required to use this feature
The next step we will officially release the beta firmware V1.4.9 in a few days and enable the OTA update option.
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support!
Born to explore!
I'm thrilled with boat mode. The current version of mission planner is too basic for my needs so I hope that Autel will continue to develop it.

Reactions: Orv and 399AGL
I'm thrilled with boat mode. The current version of mission planner is too basic for my needs so I hope that Autel will continue to develop it.
What exacly would you use mission planner? I found out that it does a decent photogrammetry.

Since it is listed as -Added Mission Planning feature v1
I would think v1 means version one and more improvements will be coming.

Reactions: Terry77
What exacly would you use mission planner? I found out that it does a decent photogrammetry.
I am used to the mission planner in arducopter where I can plan a very detailed and robust mission (not mapping which I would use very infrequently) in the office and then take it to the field and fly it. It saves time and can perform complex tasks not possible in the EVO.

Does boat mode affect how return-to-home functions?

I would assume if you're following the boat, you'd want to RTH to the boat's location. But if I want to hand launch on dry land while using that mode, I want RTH to be where I took off from.

That's another "I wish" thing. I asked Alejandro (autel) about a dynamic return to home because it's important for flying from a moving platform. He said that they couldn't do it because there is no gps in the controller. When I suggested that there is because the phone has one I got crickets.

Reactions: 399AGL
That's another "I wish" thing. I asked Alejandro (autel) about a dynamic return to home because it's important for flying from a moving platform. He said that they couldn't do it because there is no gps in the controller. When I suggested that there is because the phone has one I got crickets.
That's concerning. I'm pretty sure I saw "remote" as one of the home point settings. I can't verify this at the moment.

Last edited:
Dang! I just got reminded of the good info available here. I have been so busy working... but business has slowed down a bit. Now I have a good reason to work on my own boat instead of everyone else's.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo