Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer App Gone?

Autelguy

Reaction score
Did the Autel Explorer App get removed from the Google Play Store?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-073336_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-073336_Google Play Store.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20191130-073735_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-073735_Google Play Store.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20191130-074027_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-074027_Google Play Store.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 21
I don't see it, either - it's not just you. Perhaps a call to Autel is in order...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts. I also tried the button to get it on Google Play from here...no joy.

What's really odd is that I already have it installed on my Galaxy S8+ but when I go to apps, it's not on my list of installed apps. That's what prompted me to go to Google Play store. Apparently I'm running version 1.0.1.33 but the lastest version is version 1.0.1.43. When I download the latest version (their APK) from their website, I get a message that I can't open the file. Weird.

Perhaps they pulled it to include the changes for the Evo 2 or they forgot to pay the developers fee. ?

Be patient, I am sure it will return soon enough.

Reactions: FePhoenix
UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with David from Autel. He confirmed the issue and will have the link restored from their website but eod. David and the entire team at Autel are just amazing. Ask yourself this, if this was a DJI product, would you be able to get an actual pilot on the phone within 1 ring? Someone who knows what they're talking about and eager to assist you? No freaking way. Way to go Autel!! Things like... anyone who recently bought a Mavic Mini just realizing they can't even unlock their drone to fly it because DJI thought it would be ok to sell them without the ability to unlock nfz. Stuff like that makes me smile knowing I made the right choice with my Evo. If anyone is on the fence this holiday season, run from DJI... Autel ALL THE WAY!!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with David from Autel. He confirmed the issue and will have the link restored from their website but eod. David and the entire team at Autel are just amazing. Ask yourself this, if this was a DJI product, would you be able to get an actual pilot on the phone within 1 ring? Someone who knows what they're talking about and eager to assist you? No freaking way. Way to go Autel!! Things like... anyone who recently bought a Mavic Mini just realizing they can't even unlock their drone to fly it because DJI thought it would be ok to sell them without the ability to unlock nfz. Stuff like that makes me smile knowing I made the right choice with my Evo. If anyone is on the fence this holiday season, run from DJI... Autel ALL THE WAY!!!!
I have a Mini, and no, I can't even fly inside my house (I live under the pattern of a Naval Air Station - I work with the controllers; they don't care if I fly at home, as long as I stay under 200' - just call the tower if I want to go higher). Good luck explaining that to DJI. I'll be using the Mini when I'm away from home. You know, vacations, or even just far enough away that the base isn't an issue, am fine with 2.7K, and don't feel like bringing the larger birds - my Typhoon H480 Pro cannot be transported by motorcycle, and the Evo is annoying to carry on a bike. For work I fly the Typhoon (with the FAA 107 firmware patch) or the Evo. I'm an Air Traffic Control Systems Field Engineer. I regularly fly - legitimately! - on airfields (radar/comm/antenna inspections, etc). Again, good luck explaining that to DJI, hence my Mavic Platinum found a new home. As long as they think they can nanny a 107 pilot, I will never buy another DJI.

I have a Mini, and no, I can't even fly inside my house (I live under the pattern of a Naval Air Station - I work with the controllers; they don't care if I fly at home, as long as I stay under 200' - just call the tower if I want to go higher). Good luck explaining that to DJI. I'll be using the Mini when I'm away from home. You know, vacations, or even just far enough away that the base isn't an issue, am fine with 2.7K, and don't feel like bringing the larger birds - my Typhoon H480 Pro cannot be transported by motorcycle, and the Evo is annoying to carry on a bike. For work I fly the Typhoon (with the FAA 107 firmware patch) or the Evo. I'm an Air Traffic Control Systems Field Engineer. I regularly fly - legitimately! - on airfields (radar/comm/antenna inspections, etc). Again, good luck explaining that to DJI, hence my Mavic Platinum found a new home. As long as they think they can nanny a 107 pilot, I will never buy another DJI.
There were 3 reasons for me not giving DJI a penny..

1) NFZ. I'm an adult. I follow the rules. Allowing me to act like one.

2) U.S. Customer support. I don't need a made up "DJI Mindy" giving me a canned BS response to a problem.

3) 4k 60fps.

I'm really impressed by Autel as well. I just had 2 batteries indicate damage. Was able to talk to tech(Dave)in minutes. I received replacements within a week. I was required to send back the old batteries for examination but that's ok. I hope they can determine why they failed. Go Autel!

Amen to that.

I don't expect the new bird within 6 months, but I do expect they will use the same Explorer app for both Evos.
Makes sense, except for tasks that the new bird might be capable of that the present one isn’t. I’m thinking of the thermal imaging side, different camera settings and gimbals

Makes sense, except for tasks that the new bird might be capable of that the present one isn’t. I’m thinking of the thermal imaging side, different camera settings and gimbals
They might include a system where the explorer app recognizes which bird you own or where you get to chose which bird you have, like the DJI Go 4 app does.
Screenshot_20191201-050552.jpg

They might include a system where the explorer app recognizes which bird you own or where you get to chose which bird you have, like the DJI Go 4 app does.
<snip pic>

It would be nicer for DJI to actually recognize - and then remember - the drone you have. ? Super annoying to have to go thru the whole process of scanning the bar code EVERY TIME I want to use my freaking drone.

It would be nicer for DJI to actually recognize - and then remember - the drone you have. ? Super annoying to have to go thru the whole process of scanning the bar code EVERY TIME I want to use my freaking drone.
Bar code? The app recognizes my drone every single time.

Bar code? The app recognizes my drone every single time.
Every time I go to use my Spark, it makes me scan the QR Box - either under the battery, or the one on the hard foam box it came in.

If the app is installed it shouldn't ask you that imho. Try starting the app before starting the drone next time.

Reactions: saker
Every time I go to use my Spark, it makes me scan the QR Box - either under the battery, or the one on the hard foam box it came in.
Strange. I would have to ask other Spark pilots to see if this is normal or just you. It should be plug & play.

@macoman, I remember you saying you own one. Thoughts?

Reactions: macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles