Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo camera clamp

swings16

Reaction score
Is it just me that has a problem with the gimbal/camera clamp...the white colored holder of the lens and camera on the Evo ?

It is the ONLY criticism i have about this all around very fine Drone

i must use a rubber band to secure it properly

I have a Mavic Pro...my very first bird

Why is it that they can make a perfect camera/gimbal clamp and can't come up with something as secure for the EVO ?

The Mavic pro...a bit of pressure..CLICK...Done ..secure...never fails...all held in place and has never failed me

I feel badly criticizing such a fine overall product like the EVO but i must...in the big picture it is nothing to complain about

i was just wondering i..am the only one who has this problem

any thoughts or comments welcomed...Thanks ALL

Martin/NYC

Just wondering if the lip on the tabs on each side have worn off your gimbal cover. Are they still there?

I agree the cover is a bit of a pain but I finally realized I need to hook the lip of one side tab under the drone body edge and then rock the gimbal to the other side to snap it in place while squeezing. If your holding lips are worn down where they won't catch and hold I would call Autel and see if they have a 'spare' cover laying around the shop. No doubt with repairs and drone replacements and such there should be some from other birds they could send you if yours are worn or defective.

I have the opposite problem, sometimes mine is hard to get off. The hooks on it really work well.

NOT Worn or a tab problem

The design is the Fault

Look to the Mavic Pro for EXACTLY what is needed

The cover is FLAWED...It does not work properly

The performance is EXCELLENT BUT..the cover is TERRIBLE

Look to the design of The EVO

Bottom Line...the EVO is overall FANTASTIC

The Mavic Pro is also a gem..flies beautifully...has so much going for it..BUT the gimbal cover and all associated with THAT part of the Mavic pro ...Lacking and would never buy till they straighten it out...The EVO ! THAT is the one...IF the Mavic straightens out that stupid design flaw It is a WINNER over ALL

The only flaw on an otherwise Excellent Copter...i have put it all behind me...i got myself a dozen quality RUBBER BANDS that i can easily secure to the Lens/Gimbal cover....a bit of a pain in the butt that they didn't do it right but i can put up with carrying a small bag of Rubber bands that secure all parts of the camera + the gimbal properly and securely...the Mavic Pro has it PERFECT...Clicks in securely and protects EVERYTHING in seconds...THAT is the way to do it...a little bump in an otherwise smooth road in securing the camera and gimbal....NOT a big deal but wondering why it wasn't done correctly like all the rest on the fine Flying..E V O !

That's strange. I have 2 of them and they both pop on with a good snap and it takes effort to get them off. I turn it upside down, put the side with the thicker hook in the slot first and make sure its hooked then squeeze the cover a bit and snap the other side in. You must have gotten a defective cover or the drone's slots were not made right. I can pick up my Evo by the cover it hooks so good.

@swings16 Actually in a fairly recent thread about 3D printed accessories for the EVO I saw that one 'inventor' had recreated the gimbal cover on his printer that appeared to be a fine fit on his EVO. Maybe you could track down that forum member and thread and approach him about purchasing one of his creations. But I think calling Autel and requesting a replacement cover is the most prudent action right now. I've not encountered anyone else experiencing a misfit of this particular accessory from what I've seen in the forum for the brief time I've been on board.

That's odd. I bought an extra one just in case the original gets worn or I somehow misplace it but mine goes on very tight and theres no way it's coming off on it's own. I will say that it can take a few seconds to get it on sometimes but not take it off.
The footage is definately impressive. I cant seem to find a CPL only filter unless I spend the $50 to buy a filter pack (I think its Freewell) but I already have all of the Polarpro ones.
I do love that Autal doesnt force restrictions that could unnecessarily cause flight issues. ANY competition to DJI is most welcome. I might purchase a Skydio 2 (3rd batch ) but more importantly it looks to be a game changer that DJI cant compete with for what it can do. Kind of funny that the Mavic 2 pro doesnt have enough computing power to fully utilize its 1" sensor when Skydio has so many cameras and processing power at $1000. I know it's not for everyone but unless something goes terribly wrong with the Skydio 2 or DJI has a carefully hidden Mavic 3 with similar specs DJI is going to lose market share. As of this moment it's looking like Skydio cant make them fast enough. Cant imagine how much it would cost if the Skydio was a DJI product.
Sorry for going off topic. Havent posted much lately;)

Thanks ALL for your responses

in the scheme of things..no big deal

i have a few rubber bands that do the trick

it works and i am ok with it

All else is fine with me...this little complaint is the ONLY complaint i have...I Love the Evo and it is my go to EVERY time

Thanks again for your time and knowledge that you ALL freely give...No Complaints here my friends

Thanks ALL for your responses

in the scheme of things..no big deal

i have a few rubber bands that do the trick

it works and i am ok with it

All else is fine with me...this little complaint is the ONLY complaint i have...I Love the Evo and it is my go to EVERY time

Thanks again for your time and knowledge that you ALL freely give...No Complaints here my friends
Swings, I thought we discussed this in another tread, maybe not but I seem to have no problem getting the cover on and off, snaps on and off pretty easy.....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramipazhar