Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 Will Not Go Into Pairing Mode

MaCJaX

Reaction score
Hi all, I am pretty new to Autel drones. I have a bunch of DJI, Yuneec and Parrot drones so excuse my ignorance when it comes to Autel. Anyway, I picked up a used Autel Evo 1 because I always wanted an Autel drone and the price was right. It did not come with a controller so I picked that up from a different seller. I got the drone and it powers up, does it startup chime and initializes the gimbal just fine. Seems like it boots up properly. My problem is I can not get the drone to go into pairing mode no matter what. I push that button (also kept it held) that is in the back but the LED on it never turns green or blinks green at all. In fact it doesn't turn any color. I can feel the button being pushed it just doesn't do anything. I read online to try and send it firmware but how do I do that if it doesn't pair with the controller. Any and all help is greatly apricated !! Thanks !!

I am not sure you need the cotroller to be paired for it to update but from what the videos show you just copy the bin file to the sd card and then insert it into the evo. When you turn on the evo it will update but since you do not have the controller paired you will not know the progress of the update. I would just try it and let it sit for 30 minutes, if it works then I would run the update again with the controller paired since part of the update procedure also does the controller.

Reactions: MaCJaX
Thanks for this. I did look for something like this but my search yielded no results. I also called Autel and spoke to someone and they said the only way to upload the firmware was through the controller. She was obviously incorrect. Anyway, I did make a little progress and wanted to mention it here before I proceed with the above firmware update. Now, it seems like 1 out of 10 times I power up the Evo, the pair button LED blinks green slowly. I then press it and it doesn't in fact blink quickly indicating pairing mode. I hold the power and home button on the controller and it boots up with "Matching" on the screen but it never pairs. It times out a says "Connecting" Same goes for the Evo. It eventually times out and goes back to blink green slowly again. Not sure why it only turns green 10% of the time on power up? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure you need the cotroller to be paired for it to update but from what the videos show you just copy the bin file to the sd card and then insert it into the evo. When you turn on the evo it will update but since you do not have the controller paired you will not know the progress of the update. I would just try it and let it sit for 30 minutes, if it works then I would run the update again with the controller paired since part of the update procedure also does the controller.

This worked!! I updated the Evo and it paired! Thanks so much! Not sure why Autel couldn't tell me this when I called them. I assume the controller had newer firmware then the drone that's why it wouldn't pair. Once the drone updated, it paired right away. I also am not getting any updated firmware popups on the app so I am assuming everything is up to date. Thanks again !! - Mike

Reactions: Madhungarian
This worked!! I updated the Evo and it paired! Thanks so much! Not sure why Autel couldn't tell me this when I called them. I assume the controller had newer firmware then the drone that's why it wouldn't pair. Once the drone updated, it paired right away. I also am not getting any updated firmware popups on the app so I am assuming everything is up to date. Thanks again !! - Mike
Nice!! Glad it worked, Happy Flying

What exactly do you think happened when you did this? Knowing it worked is great, but what was the "magic sauce" that made it work do you think?

Dear, Gents. I need so much Your’s help. I have same problem with EVO1. My drone can not matching controller. From official site as per video, I can not download film updating bin file, probably for updating site. I will be so much appreciate for any suggestion, or may be if You have, to send for me required bin file, on my mail [email protected]

What exactly do you think happened when you did this? Knowing it worked is great, but what was the "magic sauce" that made it work do you think?
Dear, Gents. I need so much Your’s help. I have same problem with EVO1. My drone can not matching controller. From official site as per video, I can not download film updating bin file, probably for updating site. I will be so much appreciate for any suggestion, or may be if You have, to send for me required bin file, on my mail [email protected]

Nice!! Glad it worked, Happy Flying

Can you provide a little more detail? Like was it working before? Did you buy the drone used?

Here is the link to download the bin file. Follow the instructions.

Dear Sir, Thank You very much for soon response. Please be kindly advised, that I bought new drone in Best Buy Long Beach USA in 2019, drone was working excellent. Last year it by self stop seen controller, I tried to make matching as per instruction, without good result. Support suggest some bins files on SD card, but also without good result. In additional can find my bill like evidence.

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo