Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Are the smart capture features on the Evo 2 just bad?

Yup, software is just bad. It is weird because the EVO II is actually a very good drone mechanically, but I'm guessing software is outsourced and not in-house. My first commercial drone was the original 3dr Robotics Solo. Amazing how good that software was for it's time. Too bad the Chinese took out 3dr. I just don't think that Autel has much of a budget for software. It feels like they are getting the minimum done to keep it flying so they can keep releasing hardware (e.g. their focus on their new controller, when the money to develop that could have been better used for software development). I guess this is our new reality. I use my EVO II just for mapping and for that it works fine, although lots of holes and missing features in the mission planning software. Oh well. I keep hoping they will surprise me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: G_G
So many like to say how the E2P is so much better than the M2P. If you own both you know that in many ways this is BS. Many features and abilities that are not PRO in the E2P.

Last edited:
So many like to say how the E2P is so much better than the M2P. If you own both you know that in many ways this is BS. Many Pro features and abilities that are not PRO in the E2P.
So true! Anyone who is impressed with the EVO 2 Pro has clearly never owned or flown a Mavic 2 Pro, which runs circles around the EVO 2 Pro in every way, and was released by DJI over 3 years ago, and it still can't be beaten by any Autel Robotics offering! Autel Robotics is always playing catch up, arriving very late to the party, staggering around drunk, wondering where everyone is, now that they finally found out where the party was! In the mean time, DJI's 6,000 engineers haven't been resting on their laurels. The Air 2S and the Mini 2 will soon be followed by some version of a Mavic 3 Pro. The copied EVO 3 Pro will follow in about 3 years!

And don’t forget, the 2s has 10bit color all around, while the EVO II is just 4k30 which is something they keep quiet so people think they are getting 5.4k in 10bit. Not the case. Hell, when this thing came out, it didn’t even have 10bit and Autel people had no clue it was missing until 3 firmware updates after release!

Reactions: G_G and parkgt
Hey folks,

I’ve been playing around with some of the smart capture functions on my new Evo 2 Pro V2, and it’s leaving me scratching my head.

Regular old Orbit mode doesn’t seem to do a good job making a clean orbit from the center point you mark, almost as if the gimbal drifts. But more frustrating, the Hyperlapse orbit mode seems legitimately terrible.

You draw a box over the desired target, and the drone centers on the target. So far so good. But then it makes it’s straight left adjustment to do some distance calculations, and from there on it just doesn’t make a good orbit. Compared to what the Mavic Air does, it’s straight up terrible.

Don’t even get me started on active track. There’s plenty of YouTube videos showing how poorly it works.

Will these features ever get fixed? This drone isn’t exactly new.

Try here: Problem Feedback-Autel Robotics Enterprise Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy