Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Invisible wall stopping my Evo Pro 2?

AndrewS

Reaction score
HI all. I had an unusual experience this morning with my Evo Pro 2, v1. I was flying it along a river, over trees and some grassy areas. Not populated, no houses, at least on that side of the river. I got it out to less than 1000 feet and it started to slow down to zero. I couldn't advance it forward at all. I was able to turn it around and fly normally in the opposite direction. I did a 180 and again, the drone would not proceed farther at that point. The battery charge was at least 63%. Battery temp was low 80's. Is there a "distance limiter" setting I'm not aware of? I'm assuming this isn't a geofencing limitation. Any theories? Definitely a first.

Reactions: gschulzuio
I turned off avoidance because of that. Almost lost my drone 3 times before I turned it off. I only run in ludicrous mode now .

Reactions: gschulzuio
Might want to check to see if toggling "Novice Mode" on/off resolves this distance limit.
Have seen it spontaneously trigger this mode, yet not actually be shown as such on the controller/phone.

As mentioned above, check your distance limit, verify novice mode is off, also check your max alt and rth alt. Set up one of the custom keys to toggle OA on/off.

Reactions: AndrewS
Ive experienced the same issue. Start with checking the setting mentioned already. Not in novice mode, no max distance set, ect.

But my money is on, turn off the obstacle avoidance. In the mornings and afternoons, the sun catches the sensors just right and makes you hit an invisible wall. You can confirm this by seeing if you can move to the side with sensors facing away from the sun.

I've had an Evo II stuck in place before in the air, flying near a stadium light pole looking for a bird nest. One side of the drone was near the light pole, the other side facing the rising sun. Took a minute to figure out what was happening, but turning off the obstacle avoidance got it moving again.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo