Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Best Strobe Mount Location

For what it's worth, I run four Firehouse Arc V strobes on my Evo II Pro. I use velcro and attach a green and red strobe, forward-facing, on the front arms and two white strobes, rear-facing, on the rear arms. I've yet to experience any navigation or performance issues using this configuration, going on eight months now. However, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjs
For what it's worth, I run four Firehouse Arc V strobes on my Evo II Pro. I use velcro and attach a green and red strobe, forward-facing, on the front arms and two white strobes, rear-facing, on the rear arms. I've yet to experience any navigation or performance issues using this configuration, going on eight months now. However, your mileage may vary.
same here except just one on the rear. two is simply too bright.

Reactions: Sjs
Well if money is no issue then the FoxFury lights in my opinion are a great option. The strap that they mount to allows many different positions and configurations. I went overboard and have 5 lights - I flew it last night and I could easily see it miles away. Have attached a few photos I took, I think it also really improves the look of the drone.

Attachments

• IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1939.jpg
    IMG_1939.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Well if money is no issue then the FoxFury lights in my opinion are a great option. The strap that they mount to allows many different positions and configurations. I went overboard and have 5 lights - I flew it last night and I could easily see it miles away. Have attached a few photos I took, I think it also really improves the look of the drone.
Definitely bright!

In my neck of the woods, the Evo II can be seen 10 miles or farther at night with the underbelly strobe blinking once per second and with the front and back LEDs on.
At 100 feet up, the strobe reaches the ground. The Evo II is well lit for night operations if configured with the LEDs on and the strobe flashing once, maybe twice per second.
Several in the community thought the Evo II was part of Elon Musk’s Starnet.
If another aircraft can’t see my Evo at night, they have bigger fish to fry.
Due to public safety, I can’t imagine making the Evo II even more brighter.
P.S. Always go with Autel’s recommendation, they know their aircraft and its capabilities.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm