Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 1 software updates

bladerunner

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Autel is not updating the Evo 1 for predetermined flight patterns such as ellipse, dolly zoom, etc? The parrot anafi drone I lost had all of these and they were quite useful.

Does anyone know why Autel is not updating the Evo 1 for predetermined flight patterns such as ellipse, dolly zoom, etc? The parrot anafi drone I lost had all of these and they were quite useful.

Its over two years old. Nothing new for a company to abandon old platforms. DJI does it all the time. Autel did it with the X-Star. Everyone laughed at us old timers when the EVO I came out and we complained about be abandoned, now the EVO I crowd knows how we felt.

Considering that it was the popularity of the X-Star which enables the EVO, and the popularity of the EVO which enables the EVO II, this is rather discouraging.

Not to discount the X-Star situation, but the fact that the EVO 1 and EVO II use the same software, but the EVO 1 side of the software seems to be stagnating before reaching full potential, is of particular concern to me (and the fact that I own an EVO 1). At least there’s a chance, however slim, that EVO 1 software may get some crumbs thrown its way.

I can’t imagine the frustration of the X-Star owners, because from what I’ve heard they are a great drone.

Reactions: Tufargon
Its over two years old. Nothing new for a company to abandon old platforms. DJI does it all the time. Autel did it with the X-Star. Everyone laughed at us old timers when the EVO I came out and we complained about be abandoned, now the EVO I crowd knows how we felt.
Is this why when I updated the firmware my drone and RC won't connect?

Considering that it was the popularity of the X-Star which enables the EVO, and the popularity of the EVO which enables the EVO II, this is rather discouraging.

Not to discount the X-Star situation, but the fact that the EVO 1 and EVO II use the same software, but the EVO 1 side of the software seems to be stagnating before reaching full potential, is of particular concern to me (and the fact that I own an EVO 1). At least there’s a chance, however slim, that EVO 1 software may get some crumbs thrown its way.

I can’t imagine the frustration of the X-Star owners, because from what I’ve heard they are a great drone.

I can see more hope for the EVO I then the X-Star had. Right now Autel is still a very small company compare to DJI or even Parrot. R&D is very costly so I would guess they are trying to get their next flag ship off and running without to many glitches. When I say I see hope for the EVO I it will all depend on how well the EVO II does in the market place.

On a side note for the X-Star I have heard through the grape vine that the Starlink App for iOS has a update. No improvements but it seems to be with how Apple handles the signing certificate and fixes things for iOS 11.
I run Android so I have not seen this update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman