Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone Deploy Altitude question...

@JD

Reaction score
I recently noticed on one of my orthomosaic maps, that when I used the inspection/location annotation in drone deploy and it pulls up 4 or 5 closer images of that spot; it gives you the altitude and date/time. Is the altitude being read in MSL? because for the mission I flew, the altitude is way off? Also wondering if this is then affecting any relative accuracy of the measurement tool, etc.?

If you are looking at the altitude shown in the photo's properties exif data, that is a relative offset.

its the altitude shown right on the drone deploy dashboard when looking at a specific section of the created map...what do you mean by relative offset?

its the altitude shown right on the drone deploy dashboard when looking at a specific section of the created map...what do you mean by relative offset?
Was referring to if you look at the images and the exif data for the altitude of each image.

I don't know what model drone you're flying but I doubt that any of Autel quads have an actual barometric altimeter. If you don't see a way to calibrate the altimeter setting with the current barometric pressure then you only have AGL (Above Ground Level) altitude readings. This is set at your point of launch. If you launch from a hill top and fly down into a valley then you will see negative numbers on your altitude. The sensor analyzes pressure changes in either positive or negative changes from the launch point. It's possible there may be some altitude input derived by GPS but that is typically not very accurate in these tiny GPS receivers built into most drones.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58