Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does Autel Evo 2 still need to be unbound from the Smart Controller?

Shain Rufus

Reaction score
I'm selling my evo 2 pro and I wanted to wipe the Smart Controller to factory settings. However I'm concerned it might delete everything including the app itself. I know it s an android tablet but but will it completely wipe it to where I will need to reinstall the app manually?

Also, and this is my main question...the drone is being sold to another party that the regular controller will go to. The smart controller on the other hand is being sold to a different party. I cant find anything on how to unbind the aircraft from the SC nor how to remove them from my account...other than some old posts from 2019 saying we need to contact Autel Tech support. Is this still the case?

I don't think there is a way to unbind.. But it should not be needed. As soon as the smart controller is bound to another drone it has no memory of the previous.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
I'm selling my evo 2 pro and I wanted to wipe the Smart Controller to factory settings. However I'm concerned it might delete everything including the app itself.

If you reset the app to factory default via android settings, then Explorer will be set back to the older version the controller shipped with. You (or the new owner) can then install the latest verion OTA, or any .apk version you have.

Also, and this is my main question...the drone is being sold to another party that the regular controller will go to. The smart controller on the other hand is being sold to a different party. I cant find anything on how to unbind the aircraft from the SC nor how to remove them from my account...other than some old posts from 2019 saying we need to contact Autel Tech support. Is this still the case?

Don't worry about binding. So long as it's a properly working unit, and it is the same version as the craft, either the standard or smart controller just binds to one craft and old binds are meaningless.

Reactions: Shain Rufus
Thanks. It wasn't clear. I know a few places in the forums people we claiming it had to be unbound. When I asked Autel they also said it had to be unbound via tech support. However this morning tech support said it doesn't have to be unbound. So at least you and Tech support agree. Thanks again.

Thanks. It wasn't clear. I know a few places in the forums people we claiming it had to be unbound. When I asked Autel they also said it had to be unbound via tech support. However this morning tech support said it doesn't have to be unbound. So at least you and Tech support agree. Thanks again.
lol, "tech support" personal at Autel could have started working with drones yesterday. It's not their fault they often don't know anything. But the fact remains, unfortunately.

I'm selling my evo 2 pro and I wanted to wipe the Smart Controller to factory settings. However I'm concerned it might delete everything including the app itself. I know it s an android tablet but but will it completely wipe it to where I will need to reinstall the app manually?

Restoring to Factory should be the Autel Platform.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain