Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do you use a tablet? If so, which one?

konoplya

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using some sort of a tablet to use for a screen instead of my S10 phone. But I'm not looking to break the bank. Any cheap android tablets you guys use or recommend?

I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro which I use for set jobs—that is, where I have planned something and don’t need to move myself around, but it’s too heavy for general use. I also have an 8.4 inch Alldocube (Android) which works fine, but the screen is a little dim for bright days. In either case, I mount the tablet on a Thor Liftor. For quick set-ups or jobs that require me to move around, I stick with the RC, which works very well.

Reactions: konoplya
I just ordered the Carolina Drones iPad mount extender. I have the 9.7 inch iPad. I'll let you know how it goes. It is shipping today, so I should have it by next week latest. For $13.67 (sale I think) I will give it a try.

lots of different choices. i like that! guess i'm gonna have to look on offerup for something used. the lighter the better i suppose.

If you look PATIENTLY on ebay you might be able to find a like new (like I did) Nvidia Shield K1 for just over $100.
There was a new one on Amazon for a while for $250. I let it sit in my cart till it was gone, but they do show up new. I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy S3, waiting on its arrival this week.

Reactions: Tufargon
I'm thinking of using some sort of a tablet to use for a screen instead of my S10 phone. But I'm not looking to break the bank. Any cheap android tablets you guys use or recommend?
Keep an eye on wether it has GPS. Some don't. I have searched for months and everything I want is discontinued, but went ahead and got a new Galaxy Tab S3 because of the pen support. I have to use gloves a lot and the ones that have the touch fingers in them don't work on my current tablet.
My current tab is a 5 year old Lenovo Tab 10", I made a holder for it. It works pretty good, but I was looking for better clarity..

galaxy Tab S2 8" - Android 7 - 4G
No worries with this tablet.
Started his career with DJI Inspire since September 2016.
And continues his career (I just flashed it from Android 5.02 to 7) with L'Evo. Bright enough to do without a sun visor except in full zenith.

Lenevo Tab 8 8" Got a refurbished one off of Ebay running the latest Android for less than $100. Works great.

I use a samsung tablet A which is slightly smaller in width to the A8". Finding it hard to get a sun hood whose rubbers fit the width. Had to settle for a L168 hood but is loose fitting .

Someone here must have a 3d printer. Design and print a shade for the various tablets that don't have them.

Just say it ....
Phone LG G6
Crea_0073 mini.jpg
Samsung Tab S2
Crea_0074 mini.jpg
Radio Yuneec ST16s
Crea_0067.jpg

I just ordered the Carolina Drones iPad mount extender. I have the 9.7 inch iPad. I'll let you know how it goes. It is shipping today, so I should have it by next week latest. For $13.67 (sale I think) I will give it a try.
I received this part. it's a very simple extender to the regular phone holder. It holds my 9.7 inch iPad securely, but I do have to remove the cover to get it on the holder. I'll be flying with it as weather permits.

Carolina Drones has the best customer support of any business I have ever dealt with. Truly fantastic.
I ordered the wrong part online (be sure to order the large iPad version, they have one for the mini too) and I reached out immediately through email. Quick response and resolution.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials