Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do you use a tablet? If so, which one?

Hi, I'm new here.
I heard from someone giving drone tips in youtube that if you attach an old cellphone to the ipad with velcro, then you can attach the old cellphone to the RC and that way use the ipad. I have not tried it, but something to consider.

Hi, I'm new here.
I heard from someone giving drone tips in youtube that if you attach an old cellphone to the ipad with velcro, then you can attach the old cellphone to the RC and that way use the ipad. I have not tried it, but something to consider.
Or you can sell the old cellphone and use a cellphone cover.

I finally got to test the Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet (9.7") It is a bit more square than I wanted, but plenty of pretty screen to look at. It handled the video just fine, It was cold enough (well below zero) that the tablet said it was too cold to charge, but the screen worked fine. My phone did the same thing at 20 below, and the too cold warning covered the whole screen, and kept popping up. Real pain. The tablet showed the same warning, but only a small popup at the top that didn't cover the screen.
I have only flown with it once now, so no major test. I have a tablet/RC holder I made myself that holds it. I don't think the controller is strong enough to hold one this big. I wanted an 8" tablet so I could go without a separate stand. Guess it isn't going to happen.

I just ordered the Carolina Drones iPad mount extender. I have the 9.7 inch iPad. I'll let you know how it goes. It is shipping today, so I should have it by next week latest. For $13.67 (sale I think) I will give it a try.
Flew with this device today. It held the iPad well. Time will tell how long the Autel mount will handle the weight. I like having the larger screen. I still had a crash today though. Tree then mud. Had to take a leg and motor apart to clean it all out. The drone is good though. ?

I use an Nvidia K1. In fact i have two of them. I have a set that has the Tablet and Game Controller that is in Pristine shape. just like new. I would sell that set.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
I received this part. it's a very simple extender to the regular phone holder. It holds my 9.7 inch iPad securely, but I do have to remove the cover to get it on the holder. I'll be flying with it as weather permits.

Carolina Drones has the best customer support of any business I have ever dealt with. Truly fantastic.
I ordered the wrong part online (be sure to order the large iPad version, they have one for the mini too) and I reached out immediately through email. Quick response and resolution.

can you see well in the sun with the iPad? is it bright enough?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller