Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI P4

Samsara79

Reaction score
Today I got to fly a P4 Pro and a P4 Advanced and was not impressed! The P4 Advanced was pretty good but they are no EVO that's for sure! So glad I didn't waste my money on a P4!

If you flew at dusk, or early AM, you’d notice a difference in the low-light capability of the 1” sensor — its much better from comparisons I’ve seen. Still photos are better too. I still wouldn’t get one b/c of all the BS establishing a DJI account to fly, all the built-in flying limitations, etc, etc. It’s got a great camera though, arguably better than Evo from what I’ve read, 4k@60fps as well ——— but I’ve never flown one...

I agree about the camera it is awesome but the drone itself is kinda underwhelming compared to the EVO. The EVO feels like a sports car compared to the P4

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I have both drones, P4 and EVO and i can say P4 now is complete drone with not too many updates and quite nice app called Litchi(which have less warnings) and wonderful application Ground station from DJI, and both drones can be used for different applications like P4 for planned missions and wonderful low light conditions where is EVO for traveling :) it is the same as you would have P4 and Mavic pro :) or comparing cars, Pickup track and roadster :) one for heavy lifting one for pleasure :)

Today I got to fly a P4 Pro and a P4 Advanced and was not impressed! The P4 Advanced was pretty good but they are no EVO that's for sure! So glad I didn't waste my money on a P4!
Yes, DJI and Autel have very different flight algorithms. Autel definitely feels more sporty when turning because of the banked turns.

Reactions: Samsara79
I have both drones, P4 and EVO and i can say P4 now is complete drone with not too many updates and quite nice app called Litchi(which have less warnings) and wonderful application Ground station from DJI, and both drones can be used for different applications like P4 for planned missions and wonderful low light conditions where is EVO for traveling :) it is the same as you would have P4 and Mavic pro :) or comparing cars, Pickup track and roadster :) one for heavy lifting one for pleasure :)

Fair enough Speaking of heavy lifting I've gotten so into this I'm thinking about getting a Matrice 210 and setting it up for PPK and do some mapping! I've been in the civil engineering/surveying world for a while

Selling my P4 standard to buy a P4 Pro V2, along with my EVO, because in low light and 1 inch sensor, it can beat my EVO. That said, if Autel next year markets a 1 inch sensor, I'm done with DJI

It's too bad DJI has all the industry support.
Where's our mapping, Autel?

I have been using my EVO to do photogrammetry by painstakingly creating a mission in the waypoints and set my camera to burst mode and have had good success so far but Autel can you step up the software like DJI and make it a better process. I have even made topos from it!

Reactions: drshiwas

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen