Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI convert here...

If Bestbuy is still offering it you get a lot more for the $ than any Mavic plus superior 4k without all the DJI big brother garbage.
Buying a DJI drone is like paying for something that isnt really yours in my opinion. Asking someone in China permission to fly..... not interested. The problem with DJI IS DJI and not their drones. WAY too controlling. As far as forcing firmware there is one I would agree with. Disable active track as it is not safe.
If you are looking for a DJI product either go with the mavic pro or mavic 2 zoom unless you need the 1" sensor the 2 pro offers for photos. The 2 pros 4k video does not measure up. If you can find one the best 4k 60 out there is the phantom 4 pro V2. Unfortunately it's been discontinued.

Get a Bestbuy store or credit card and you get 10% back for the first 15 days. Buy an Evo rugged bundle that comes with a waterproof hard case and 2 more batteries for a total of 3. Get 2 more batteries thrown in for free plus a $50 gift card for a total of 5 batteries. Get $120 BB egift after 15 days for using your card.
That's $1200 (plus tax) with a rugged case, 5 batteries and $170 worth of Bestbuy $.

Bestbuy changes the specifics of this deal often. When I purchased mine it was a $100 gift card, on the go bundle and a 4k 64gb card.
So, what I received for that same $1200 was the rugged case and the on the go bundle which included a total of 5 batteries and the bag and another set of props besides for the $100 gift card, 64gb card and $120 worth of BB points.
You can get the Evo without a case for $999 and still get the 2 free batteries and $50 gift card plus a $100 worth of points with the CC deal and save $200. With $150 in credit you can almost buy the on the go bundle once you get them to match someone like Amazons price for it ($170). That's 5 batteries, another set of props, and a bag for about $1020.
IF you already have a BB card you can still get 5% back (equivalent to $50).

:)

Reactions: Tufargon
If Bestbuy is still offering it you get a lot more for the $ than any Mavic plus superior 4k without all the DJI big brother garbage.
Buying a DJI drone is like paying for something that isnt really yours in my opinion. Asking someone in China permission to fly..... not interested. The problem with DJI IS DJI and not their drones. WAY too controlling. As far as forcing firmware there is one I would agree with. Disable active track as it is not safe.
If you are looking for a DJI product either go with the mavic pro or mavic 2 zoom unless you need the 1" sensor the 2 pro offers for photos. The 2 pros 4k video does not measure up. If you can find one the best 4k 60 out there is the phantom 4 pro V2. Unfortunately it's been discontinued.

Get a Bestbuy store or credit card and you get 10% back for the first 15 days. Buy an Evo rugged bundle that comes with a waterproof hard case and 2 more batteries for a total of 3. Get 2 more batteries thrown in for free plus a $50 gift card for a total of 5 batteries. Get $120 BB egift after 15 days for using your card.
That's $1200 (plus tax) with a rugged case, 5 batteries and $170 worth of Bestbuy $.

Bestbuy changes the specifics of this deal often. When I purchased mine it was a $100 gift card, on the go bundle and a 4k 64gb card.
So, what I received for that same $1200 was the rugged case and the on the go bundle which included a total of 5 batteries and the bag and another set of props besides for the $100 gift card, 64gb card and $120 worth of BB points.
You can get the Evo without a case for $999 and still get the 2 free batteries and $50 gift card plus a $100 worth of points with the CC deal and save $200. With $150 in credit you can almost buy the on the go bundle once you get them to match someone like Amazons price for it ($170). That's 5 batteries, another set of props, and a bag for about $1020.
IF you already have a BB card you can still get 5% back (equivalent to $50).

:)
Very informative!

I migrated from Mavic Pro to Evo. Now I can fly from my backyard. Quality of video from Evo is better. I used to have jittery pictures from Mavic Pro. Range on the Pro is better, so I installed 4Hawks SR to make up for it. Being able to fly without smartphone is great. Overall I am happy with the switch.

A couple of things.

For a few dollars more...If you shop smart you can find an Evo with the equivalent of the fly more bundle for about a grand. To get a M2 zoom similarly equipped you are looking at about 1600 bucks. That is 60% more. That's the equivalent of saying "Why get a Spark when you can get an Evo for a few dollars more."

You mention DJI's support. I have dealt with both. Granted both were about a year ago and Autel's support was great (they sent me a brand new controller because the rubber grip pads came off the controller) and DJI's service was terrible.

You have to hack DJI craft to be able to fly where most people want to fly. That is kind of crappy.

DJI is the big player in the market and they have nice pieces of kit, but as a company they are garbage. They promised functionality for the Air that never materialized and said that the craft isn't powerful enough to handle it (waypoints). This is despite the fact that third party apps provide that functionality. They all but abandoned the OSMO + platform and it has half baked functionality.

I say this as someone that has A LOT of DJI products. I have three of their cams and three of their drones.
For the price, I don’t think you can beat the Evo. And when you add 4k/60fps, no NFZs and the high quality of the video, the Evo looks even better.

Reactions: macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d