Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance question about for SKY app 1.4.20 and FW V1.4.64 updates

gophcc

Reaction score
There's a new feature "Increased Flight Distance limit from 500m to 5000m"

Not sure what it means as mine has no distance limit, I'm afriad the range will be limited to 5km once the system is upgraded.

Can't try it now as my Lite+ is being repaired.

before the update, you could set the maximum flight distance all the way up to 1650 feet or you could jump to "Unlimited" which means you couldn't set the maximum flight to 2000 feet or 4000 feet or 6000 feet, etc.

after the update (which i haven't done yet), it appears you can now set it at up to 16k or if you are like me, just click over one more step and set it to "no limit"

Reactions: gophcc
Thanks a lot, ken.
Autel releases new Lite, Nano firmware to increase drone range

no problem. i believe this article is not quite accurate when you have a headline that makes it seem like the range was limited prior to the sw release intended to make the drone go further. in reality, i believe the change is geared to giving the pilot more flexibility in limiting the range of the drone. if you are going to fly near the coast and you don't want your drone to fly over the ocean which is 600m away, you can set it up. with no geofencing in your drone, you might be flying near a restricted area 2000m away so you can now set your drone to not stray further than 1500m which helps keep you safe.

Reactions: gophcc

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials