Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Did I just find something else missing in the beta app?

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Is it just me remembering wrong or did they take away an option in obstacle avoidance? In Dynamic Track didn't you have the ability to choose whether the drone goes above or around the obstacle, or was it always just around with the choice of left or right?

Is it just me remembering wrong or did they take away an option in obstacle avoidance? In Dynamic Track didn't you have the ability to choose whether the drone goes above or around the obstacle, or was it always just around with the choice of left or right?

There was no option for this setting - as this was automatically would move to the left or right to try and keep tracking the subject. This is just a switch -- in the location where the same switch for backwards flying is found.

There were different options of how you wanted it to track however -- like Follow Mode that would follow from a fixed distance... Tripod Mode (hovering in place staying pointed at subject) and parallel mode that tracks subjects sideways.

I tried these features actually and they are as described here. Anything change after seeing this?

Edit: As mentioned in the video - it does not ascend or descend while tracking and avoiding obstacles -- only moves automatically to the left or right or stops and hovers... Think about trying to track something on a hill... it has been demonstrated by people on youtube that it can not work good with a hilly situation -- as the hill gains tilt -- the EVO see's it as an obstacle it can't get around and just hovers....

Reactions: witt
I want to do the beta, but every time I read on of these posts I get put off.

Just make sure your flight records are sync with the cloud and join/install the BETA.

So while you can not back-track a BETA off of the EVO, you can backtrack their BETA app for the phone.

I uninstalled it from the phone I tested on by -- unsubscribe from the BETA program -- and it then give me the option to go back and re-install the stable v 1.0.1.8. Said it could take up to an hour after unsubscribing for everything to revert back. I was able to locate and install the stable version with-in 5 minutes of leaving the BETA.

When you look in the Google Play Store - there will be a BETA tab. Autel Explorer is listed there of course.

Tap it, scroll down to the bottom of the description of the Autel app and there should be the option to unsubscribe/leave the BETA.

It will warn you it may take up to an hour to catch everything up and revert back.

Reactions: Ansia
I want to do the beta, but every time I read on of these posts I get put off.
Don't let this post discourage you, I don't know where I saw this but apparently it wasn't the Evo. Ive updated to the beta app with no problems to note at all. I think im going to wait for the stable version of the firmware.

Reactions: Ansia
Already left the Beta app. I ment the firmware for the bird.

When they push the firmware to stable - it will of course re-update itself. Otherwise it is stuck. I knew this before I upgraded, so no biggie there - as I knew it wouldn't be long before it would be pushed to stable and not in the state of BETA any more.

My understanding in the mix of me communicating with Autel, upgrading and flight testing -- that they will be releasing this to all in 2-weeks.

So even if we could backtrack from Evo itself, it sounds like it would be futile.

Funny you say that, because I swore I saw it too. I thought it gave you the option to have the bird go around or over, or just stop and hover in place. Are we both nuts? LOL!

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Funny you say that, because I swore I saw it too. I thought it gave you the option to have the bird go around or over, or just stop and hover in place. Are we both nuts? LOL!

If I am not mistaken -- works the same as Return-to-home function. That's why you have to set the height -- if it comes across an obstacle, it is going to turn to the left or right -- not up or down to avoid anything -- to avoid it. Otherwise it will stop/hover and beep your remote that it needs assistance.

Thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy! Now where was it and where did it go?? Maybe waypoints or another intellegent flight mode? I can't check now so i'l just wonder.

The video I posted right from Autel on Published on 19 Dec 2018 said this option was never there. View attachment 3857

I was thinking the same thing - thinking the date of video -- he should have had 1.3.3.25 firmware on the Evo.

And this is the firmware I know I tested the option and found it to be like describe in Autel's video.

Maybe a prior firmware before my time?

Thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy! Now where was it and where did it go?? Maybe waypoints or another intellegent flight mode? I can't check now so i'l just wonder.

Well....As a few have stated, going over or under wasn't an option because the Evo isn't even capable of climbing or descending terrain features like hills due to it's lack of sensor intelligence/updates. So that part was my fault...But I definitely remember there being an option to have it go around obstacles or just hover. It obviously had to have been a feature in one of the intelligent flight modes. Perhaps we saw a video/review of this option? Flight Deck video maybe? Maybe it's in part of the description for one of the flight modes/ visual sensor settings on the Explorer App? Now this is going to make me even more nuts! ?

Well....As a few have stated, going over or under wasn't an option because the Evo isn't even capable of climbing or descending terrain features like hills due to it's lack of sensor intelligence/updates. So that part was my fault...But I definitely remember there being an option to have it go around obstacles or just hover. It obviously had to have been a feature in one of the intelligent flight modes. Perhaps we saw a video/review of this option? Flight Deck video maybe? Maybe it's in part of the description for one of the flight modes/ visual sensor settings on the Explorer App? Now this is going to make me even more nuts! ?

At 2:58 in the video posted above will give you guys your answer.

But I definitely remember there being an option to have it go around obstacles or just hover. It obviously had to have been a feature in one of the intelligent flight modes. ?

Evo while following a subject will automatically turn left or right to avoid an obstacle -- or if unable to avoid -- it will just stop and hover.

The avoidance can be turned off - but Evo will just stop and hover at the first obstacle. There is a switch to turn this on/off (obstacle avoidance) -- in the same menu that you turn backwards flying on/off.

This is like return-to-home -- it will avoid obstacles by turning left or right, but will not ascend or descend to avoid them -- here too it stops and hovers.

Alright, I concede, it doesn't appear to have been the Evo, it's just going to drive me nuts trying to remember where i did see it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials