Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dedicated phone for flying

Ansia

Reaction score
So yesterday, someone gifted me an iPhone 6S +. I don't really care for Apple devices and ecosystem. Since I didn’t really had any use for it, I decided to turn it into my permanent flying screen. It has more real estate than my Galaxy S8 (although lacks resolution). So I did this to it. What do you guys think? To fanboish?
E7A80F2A-B4A5-441D-BA47-8DDC92D23FD7.pngDC24CB02-6650-4714-9E2E-F8C3348A84E9.png

So yesterday, someone gifted me an iPhone 6S +. I don't really care for Apple devices and ecosystem. Since I didn’t really had any use for it, I decided to turn it into my permanent flying screen. It has more real estate than my Galaxy S8 (although lacks resolution). So I did this to it. What do you guys think? To fanboish?

Looks good. Question is how does it work?

View attachment 4265View attachment 4266
View attachment 4265View attachment 4266

I am not an iPhone user but I hear that DJI and Autel iOS apps are more refined than the Android app. The quality appears to be better.

Looks good. Question is how does it work?

Normal, I guess. Since it doesn't have data, I don't have maps.

I am not an iPhone user but I hear that DJI and Autel iOS apps are more refined than the Android app. The quality appears to be better.
Autel's Android app is more refined than in iOS. As for DJI, it's about the same.

Reactions: macoman
I have an Iphone 6S and set it aside for sale. I bought an Huawei Honor 8X with a 6.5 " screen and so far is much better, it has dual sim it one has need
for it and 20 mp camera, also has 128 gb memory internal plus one can add a nano memory card that can hold up to 400 gb or so.
Check it on Amazon if you want.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Looks like a nice phone for a fair price. It however does not seem to have a barometer. Maybe I missed that in the specs. Something I need for follow me with the Anafi so it will adjust up or down hills.

I have an Iphone 6S and set it aside for sale. I bought an Huawei Honor 8X with a 6.5 " screen and so far is much better, it has dual sim it one has need
for it and 20 mp camera, also has 128 gb memory internal plus one can add a nano memory card that can hold up to 400 gb or so.
Check it on Amazon if you want.
My iPhone's camera does not work. Before I got it, I used my Galaxy S8. It looks beautiful, but for example, I went last Sunday to fly my drones and forgot my tablet. I had to share my phone with all the drones. It's not a big deal, but I prefer to have a dedicated device.

Also, many companies around the world have found Huawei phones to contain backdoors. So I'm aprehensive to own one.

Looks like a nice phone for a fair price. It however does not seem to have a barometer. Maybe I missed that in the specs. Something I need for follow me with the Anafi so it will adjust up or down hills.
The Anafi is better than the Evo in that aspect. The Evo does not go up or down hills when in Follow me mode.

Also. Do phones have barometers?

My LG G6 does. Not sure if its common for phones but the Ipad that has GPS also has a barometer and works very well also.

Reactions: Ansia
My LG G6 does. Not sure if its common for phones but the Ipad that has GPS also has a barometer and works very well also.
Well shiver me timbers. I did not know that. I googled all my devices and all of them contain a barometer.

Well shiver me timbers. I did not know that. I googled all my devices and all of them contain a barometer.

Here I will give you some more advice as you like pizza and you asked about that funny look on your better halfs face in one of your other posts. This should help you out :)

I can appreciate the need for the barometric sensor but in my case I don't really need it and the EVO has obstacle avoidance which works pretty nicely unless the slope one encounters is very gradual. I am checking this
Eachine EV100 720*540 5.8G 72CH FPV Goggles With Dual Antennas Fan 7.4V 1000mAh Battery
for $136.00 can. which I think would negate even the need for a display phone but I am still very much in discovering mode at this point and not even sure if it would be compatible
with the EVO. Anyone here have real life experience with these ? I know that one needs to change the omni antennas for better quality ones on this unit.

Take care all

Normal, I guess. Since it doesn't have data, I don't have maps.

Autel's Android app is more refined than in iOS. As for DJI, it's about the same.

One of the 3 main reasons I chose Autel when I bought a drone. :)

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth