Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Customer Service just as important as the Drones themselves

Purpleash22

Reaction score
I was first drawn by suggestions that you where closing but further reading from forums gave your statement saying this was unfounded and that you have only reduced staff numbers in order to concentrate in developing your next generation clone technology.

On first interest in Drones, one can not be drawn away from the high technological advancements in DJI’s Drones and how good they fly. They cater for both professional and amateur alike backed up with YouTube videos watched in awe. However, reading DJI’s reviews on their Customer Services, they fall a long way short of professional with delays and missing items when ordering and people are not updated and acknowledged when orders are put in.

Then I stumbled across Autel Robotics X-Star and X-Star Premier drones. My son and I were blown away and fully intend on purchasing an X-Star premier each. Reviews earlier said you reply quickly to requests and orders and out the two DJI fell a long way short of Autel Robotics, so just as important the drones being more than capable, the Customer Service is equally as important.

Drone-for-less have a UK .co.uk e-mail address and English 020 telephone number that leap-frogs calls to the USA without the long distance call charges. However, the last reviews mainly state that you send orders of drones out with long delays and no acknowledgement or confirmation or purchase. Also that customers sometimes receive orders with parts missing. Days go by where no contact can be made with yourselves. Told that warranties are valid in the UK when found not to be after purchase. Told that English Adapters are given with the set for recharging of the batteries, when none are given so left to our own purchase US to English plug adapters. So one of the most important factors when purchasing a Drone other than the capabilities of the drones themselves, are also good Customer Service. Acknowledgement of query or purchase payment received and assistance when items are missing from the pack. If Customer Service is let down like the bad reviews DJI get, then if Autel Robotics follow suite then I will look elsewhere for both my son’s and my purchase.

If someone can reassure me that my worries are unfounded, then I might reconsider. With such a good drone technology to match DJI’s, is there a UK based store link that one can make purchase of X-star Premium Drones and accessories and where us English can feel confident in purchasing Autel Robotic's equipment and know that we can get easy access to Customer Service queries and updates?

Most of the bad reviews came regarding 'Drones-for-less' so these might be independent to Autel Robotics themselves. Basically I just want to know I can make purchases that are acknowledged and items are not missing from the pack or order. Knowing that if I have a query or need to follow up something, that I can be confident that I will get a reply and that an issue can be resolved and not ignored.

Can someone also confirm that the Warranty is valid in the UK should something be amiss and go wrong?

Franlac who lives in France had a bad motor. Autel would fix it if he sent it in. It would have cost him more then the quad was worth to send in and return shipping and duty. Autel does not ship world wide on warranty problems.

I had a problem with my drone, the camera going out of focus, then like an idiot I flew too low & it landed in water! I managed to get it close to the bank but both the gimbal & 2 sensors went! I contacted Autel (I'd already started a complaint about the focus issue) & they asked me to ship it back to China. The only way I could send it was to send just the drone, no controller or batteries as the weight would have made a very expensive trip. It cost £20 & then I had to wait 2 weeks for it to get there. Customs in China held it for nearly a week until Autel paid to get it out of customs 78usd! After haggling about the gimbal, they eventually said send the rest of the stuff to a UK warehouse & pay them for the repairs for the sensors (my fault) & they sent me a completely new drone from the UK warehouse.

They were good, but the aftercare isn't good really, it's not been set up properly (they have a repair centre in Germany now but as we aren't in the EU anymore... ? we are still going to get messed about with import fees. One thing you need to do is make sure you have the right forms filled in for repairs so you don't get stuck with import duties both ways, It was going to cost me again to have it come back here. They really need an aftercare centre in the UK, a software/electrical engineer in a unit with spares.

A big shout out to Judy Pam who I was in contact with, really helpful & actually made the process bearable. The drone itself is awsome for flying & hopefully the camera will be ok this time. The footage I did get in focus was top notch.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials