Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crystalsky with EVO 2

Looking at the flyhighusa mount again and thinking about the single bolt hole issue, I'm guessing that by attaching a lanyard to the official CS bracket that should take most of the weight and means the controller is attached to the screen, rather than the screen being attached to the controller.

If that makes sense....

Based on that theory, I've just ordered one ?

I use the CS with two different DJI drones so being able to simply swap between all three within seconds and no tools will make life so much easier.

Yes, that's my thinking too. Quick swapping between controllers is really important to me. I will continue to use my two Mavic 2 Pro's but for jobs near airports, I am not going to fight with DJI over unlocking and I will just use the EVO on those jobs.

Reactions: PingSpike
Im out of ideas.

So I factory reset both of my Crystal Skys. I installed Autel Explorer both from download over WiFi and from SD Drive. NEITHER of them have any map capabilities. I installed google play services and google maps. That does not work. When I go into settings to switch to google maps under setting/general radial button to select Google Maps, it simply will not switch. The message I get is that Google Service is not detected. Yet I am getting the Google Play Service crash every 6-10 seconds. So ??

I've placed a pre-order for these two items:

(re Lifthor mount)

I chased them up today for an update on the pre-order status, their reply:

> We had some trouble with one of our mold which has set us behind schedule a couple of weeks. We expect by the end of the month we can start dispatching LifThor Mjølnir EVO order.

:confused:

Ok my dogs...I knew my CS had working maps with Autel Explorer. Want to know how its done?
I used Epson Moverio instructions, and Viola! Google maps working on the CS for Autel Explorer.
1. Go here and grab these files: Box

You do not need the Fake GPS, GPS status, or GPSSampleforMoverio
2. If you install APKpure you can use it for apps store instead of Google Play store. Update it after you install it.
3. Install Chrome
4. Install all the Google .apks (I don't think the order matters)
After all installs, restart the CS and check if now Google maps is working. It's been awhile since I did this, and don't know if you need to sign into Google for this to work. My CS is also rooted, but I don't think that matters in this case. Not sure.

Have at it and post here if it works. I will update the Autel Explorer app on my CS and see if the maps are still working, since I have an old version installed, since I don't use my CS much at all. (basically brand new)

*Confirmed...maps working on latest Explorer!

*Just need to add, when checking my CS, yes, I was logged into Google with my account. And updated Chrome to latest version, but thats it. I have no idea if you need to update Chrome, but did it anyway, just in case. No other updates other than I had to uninstall Autel Explorer before installing the latest one.*

Last edited:
No, not that I have seen....but I was only testing for a short bit. I do not recall ever having the Google services doing that. It must be the version that is loaded, makes a big difference.

OK, just followed your procedure with your files. "Google Services has stopped" flashes an OK box time and time again. No Bueno.
So I did a factory reset, installed Autel app and apk pure. Autel works, but not apk pure, which freezes with a with screen and the app name at the bottom

Ok my dogs...I knew my CS had working maps with Autel Explorer. Want to know how its done?
I used Epson Moverio instructions, and Viola! Google maps working on the CS for Autel Explorer.
1. Go here and grab these files: Box

You do not need the Fake GPS, GPS status, or GPSSampleforMoverio
2. If you install APKpure you can use it for apps store instead of Google Play store. Update it after you install it.
3. Install Chrome
4. Install all the Google .apks (I don't think the order matters)
After all installs, restart the CS and check if now Google maps is working. It's been awhile since I did this, and don't know if you need to sign into Google for this to work. My CS is also rooted, but I don't think that matters in this case. Not sure.

Have at it and post here if it works. I will update the Autel Explorer app on my CS and see if the maps are still working, since I have an old version installed, since I don't use my CS much at all. (basically brand new)

*Confirmed...maps working on latest Explorer!

*Just need to add, when checking my CS, yes, I was logged into Google with my account. And updated Chrome to latest version, but thats it. I have no idea if you need to update Chrome, but did it anyway, just in case. No other updates other than I had to uninstall Autel Explorer before installing the latest one.*
Do you get the "Google Play Services Stopped Working" ?

I don't get that at all. Could be your firmware version...I have 02.06.06.00 and this is a 5" model, not sure if that makes a diff...

Last edited:
Will CS maps work if Hotspot via my phone?

If you can get them working, shouldn't matter what path you take to get the map data into the app.

I am happy with my EVO 2 Pro and look forward to Autel continuing to refine their software. At this point the aircraft has what I need to accomplish most of the work that I do. One thing that I just can't stand is trying to use a cell phone for work. I can't see enough detail to make out wires, or even tell if the photo is in focus.

The DJI Crystalsky display is very nice in even in bright sun. It's not hard at all to use the Crystalsky display with the Autel flight software. The video below describes how to download the APK file and put it into the Crystalsky. This video was done with an EVO 1 but it's exactly the same process for the EVO 2. The second link is for the current APK file for the EVO 2.

Autel Explorer for Android - APK Download

I am using the 8" high Brightness 1000 nit version. There is also a Ultra Bright 2000 nit version but, mine failed just after the warranty expired and this seems to be a common problem with the Ultra version.

For now I using a bracket that was designed for a Mavic Pro that has been adapted to connect it to the EVO remote. I have a proper mount on order from Fly High USA.

FlyHighUSA Autel Evo1/2 Remote Crystal Sky Adapter Combo (Includes DJI Crystal Sky Adapter Part 3) - FlyHighUSA

It is much easier to see what I am doing with this display!View attachment 7156
Can you tell me how the FlyHighUSA Crystal Sky adapter attaches to the Evo II controller?

I have a Evo II Pro on order so I have not been able to see the controller. Is there a 1/4 female thread in the middle of the controller where the adaptor for the CS can attach?

I have a Evo II Pro on order so I have not been able to see the controller. Is there a 1/4 female thread in the middle of the controller where the adaptor for the CS can attach?
Not sure of the size but yes. It is right in the middle of the controller where the stock mount is.
I also don't have my 6k pro yet but I do have the dji mount and the flyhigh adapter. Among several other accessories that I can't use yet!

I hate waiting...

Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo