Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crash - what caused it***

Update:

1. I am unable to get the logs from them.
2. They have decided to leave cause of crash due to Firmware not being most recent - even though this does not explain how a drone flips vertical and fly's itself into the ground.
3. I have asked if they would just replace the FPC cable and DSP card and leave the shell cracked. I have been told - they are unable to repair just the camera - they are only allowed to perform all of the repairs. This is BS.

I am not paying them $130 USD to put a new shell on the drone when I have a new shell sitting at home. Maybe it is time for me to have them send it back - replace the shell and send it back in for repairs again.

Sorry your having so much trouble with Autel. I wish I could say whats on my mind about what their CS has turned into but its against the rules for me to swear. Maybe its time for you to cut your losses and move on with some other company that actually cares.

Ansia - have not had this drone apart but have had others and figured that this was where most of the labour cost came from. As I do not have the cash for the full repair and they will not sell me parts I was willing to pay for the repair that requires the parts I cannot get. As this repair would come to just under $100 USD based off my quote I am assuming this is why I am being told they are not allowed to do this.

Augustine - Tis what I am thinking. Anyone want to purchase a spare drone for parts with two good batteries and a good remote control.

Took a bit of work and some more emails and a phone call and was finally able to get some more information.

As I believe I mentioned I was told the crash was caused by Firmware - which I disputed and today had a chat with someone else where this was confirmed. It appears an error was made in the response to me. The issue with the firmware being out of date was that when issues started to happen with the drone - needed information was left out of the logs due to the firmware version. This makes more sense. What the logs did show was the drone started to register significant magnetic interference which spiked causing a saturation in the motors which caused the flip.

As this happened out in the open over a wide open field I am not sure where the magnetic interference came from. It is possible one of the other boards is faulty which was throwing some major false positives.

Suffice it to say I have worked things out with Autel and I will be getting the drone repaired with additional testing to see if the registered magnetic interference or whatever was caused by any additional faulty hardware. Feeling a bit better about this now. Thanks for all of your input and time responding.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t