Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crack in side of fuselage on an Evo.. is this anything to really worry about and if it is where do I send it.. Thank you in advance

I have never seen this crack before. Did you crash your Evo?I can see you are also missing part of the grille columns. I suggest you visit www.auteldrones.com, call (844) 692-8835 or write to [email protected] and get your drone sent in for repairs. I would not fly my drone if it had a crack that big.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Meh, it is likely just the cover that is cracked. The metal parts are probably more critical.
Maybe some carefully applied epoxy will keep if fixed in place.
But I am no doctor.

You see how I used words like maybe, and likely, and probably. That means that this is just my uneducated opinion.

Last edited:
No mater how he decides to address this crack we need to know how to heck something like that happened. First one like that I have ever seen also. Some history would help in trying to help the OP out on how to go forward.

I actually have no idea how it happened I have not had a hard Landing or even dropped it. I have had a couple of hard turns and stops in the air but nothing drastic. I'm going to attempt to fix it by putting a light coat of epoxy on it and see what happens

Can you provide a photo of the top without the battery? Do you have a swollen battery or is any battery hard to insert?

You might want to check out these guys for a bond that will be as good as new if done right.
If your not sure which one you need email them that picture and what you hope to fix and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Can you provide a photo of the top without the battery? Do you have a swollen battery or is any battery hard to insert?
The battery is neither swollen nor hard to insert and here is a picture of the battery compartment
20200130_131433.jpg

It looks like the bottom shell just cracked. Why it cracked is anybodies guess. I am thinking it might have got squished when putting it away. Hopefully it did not heat up in that area and expanding and shrinking over time cracked it. I would just be second guessing the real reason. If you still have warranty I would ask if that is covered. No sense on putting a band aid on something if you can get new.

Reactions: MKarli
I didn't have my Evo to verify, but thankfully the side plastic isn't connected to the top part. So there is no worry about the battery not holding tight.

Reactions: MKarli
Do you carry it in a case or backpack? If so, was it either dropped, banged, or even put down hard? I broke a camera lens by having it shuffle around a backpack for a few hours. I never dropped it or was rough with it, but I was climbing around a factory catwalk... Stuff in cases can get roughed-up unless packed very well (which I’m guilty of NOT doing too well...)

Hi Markli, is your battery a tough fit on the EVO. The location and pressure of where you grip the EVO just may just be a factor.

When I grip the base i notice that my 3rd finger and pinkie is pushing on the vent bars. Is it possible that the one vent bar that is missing had broke off and has created a weakness in that area.
It just may be that the missing vent bar has caused enough weakness in that area to cause the crack.

Also, when held in the correct light is easily seen, I notice there is some concave malformation approx ) 4-5 mm long on each side of the body, just to the right of each vent. I,m sure it's on all EVOs.

It's called shrinkage in the plastics molding world. Shrinkage plays a role in producing weak spots on plastics and on alloy moldings (e.g.wheels) being similar processes.

So if it hasn't been banged, dropped, prodded, shot at, or clawed by an eagle, then the above may be a factor.

Did you ever find the missing bar ? If it's in your carrier it may give you a clue.

Also, i would not attempt to glue back those thin edges. would not last long. I would stitch glue them first with a piece of similar plastic, either from the inside or outside, then let it heal before filling the whole crack with glue.

That just might be it, Battery in and out that is,.
Thank you for your insight, I will probably send it to Autel for a proper fix, i will wait till i get my Evo 2 though.

Have you had a look to see if the missing vent bar is inside the body ?

It appears to just be an ugly cosmetic crack and looks like it won't travel any further. However, If it were mine, in the first instance i would be posting the pics to AR asking for them to review the break and to respond.

I completely agree and thank you for verifying that I will send pics to AR, will also send the Drone along with my transmitter to AR and let them repair it along with the transmitter that has had some antenna issues one of the antennas is barely on and has been that way for a year now but I just want to get it fixed period. As soon as my Evo 2 is delivered, whenever that will be is when it will happen..

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan