Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Chrome OS???

Stillers

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Explorer app can be run on Chrome OS? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to run on Android 6.0?

Neither of those environments are supported by Autel so if you crash and burn you may have issues with support if you're drone is still under warranty.

For ChromeOS, it may work. You'd just have to try and see. The device needs to be ARM based because Explorer won't run on x86. You'd need to sideload it.

As for Android 6, it probably isn't even worth trying.

Neither of those environments are supported by Autel so if you crash and burn you may have issues with support if you're drone is still under warranty.

For ChromeOS, it may work. You'd just have to try and see. The device needs to be ARM based because Explorer won't run on x86. You'd need to sideload it.

As for Android 6, it probably isn't even worth trying.
I had been running the app on my X10D that uses a "desktop" version of Android 6.0 just fine. But the app did an update a while back and now it wont recognize the remote control when I connect it. So it just sits there trying to connect. So I need a new device to fly on. Its actually quite frustrating how completely cornered pilots are in what options are available to us as far as the tech apparatus we have the choice to fly in. Its almost as if there is an intentional, concerted effort to force us to fly through a phone or tablet only. Breaking that mold takes serious dedication to find a way. I found one with the X10D. But the manufacturer wont patch me to 9.0 and Autel wont give me an older app version. So It seems that ride is over for me.

I'd say the only intentional and concerted effort is to keep from having to many different older hardware versions with many different software versions. From Autel's perspective, supporting 6 (they say Explorer is optimized for 9+) isn't a good idea at all. Especially with wanting to heavily weigh on new features and architecture of Android. With how Android drops or updates features with new releases, I wouldn't want to continually having to support older versions of Android either.

Root and build from AOSP to get the X10D up to 9+, which as you say, would be a hurdle, or download an old version of Explorer from Ansia's archive All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals. Though you may run into App/Firmware compatibility issues and are facing a possible crash of not the software kind.

Some generic POS drone that I had had an app that did support x86 and I was able to run it from a laptop that had dual boot android and windows. That was nice but again I can see why a company wouldn't put for the effort for. That POS drone's software was more than likely developed by another company separated by 10 degrees.

Last edited:
I'd say the only intentional and concerted effort is to keep from having to many different older hardware versions with many different software versions. From Autel's perspective, supporting 6 (they say Explorer is optimized for 9+) isn't a good idea at all. Especially with wanting to heavily weigh on new features and architecture of Android. With how Android drops or updates features with new releases, I wouldn't want to continually having to support older versions of Android either.

Root and build from AOSP to get the X10D up to 9+, which as you say, would be a hurdle, or download an old version of Explorer from Ansia's archive All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals. Though you may run into App/Firmware compatibility issues and are facing a possible crash of not the software kind.

Some generic POS drone that I had had an app that did support x86 and I was able to run it from a laptop that had dual boot android and windows. That was nice but again I can see why a company wouldn't put for the effort for. That POS drone's software was more than likely developed by another company separated by 10 degrees.
It's just stunning. 5 months later and I still haven't found a workaround. Paying a manufacturer A ridiculous amount for a built command station is almost the only option left if I want to continue flying through a standalone portable ground station. The X10D was seemingly the only device to exist that would work in the case I built myself. It's either that or buy a single board pc and learn how to develop it myself to do what I need. And I have no idea what exactly would even be involved with that. It seems to be doable if I can overcome the knowledge gap. I just don't understand why there is absolutely zero android powered devices that are standalone and allow for an external touch interface.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen